Rest days? ?

6 posts | Original | Recent
37 Posts
Jul 14, 2014 7:03am
via Android

Is it ok to workout every day or is it best to take rest days?
Any advice/tips gratefully received

6 Posts
Jul 14, 2014 8:28am
via Android

Hey Gemma! For me personally, I find rest days are the days I see the most progress

137 Posts
Jul 14, 2014 8:58am
via iOS
I take a rest day every time something hurts when i wake up in the morning. Which has been quite often lately lol.
385 Posts
Jul 14, 2014 9:00am
via Android

Cavemen (and women) had no choice to workout daily for around 6 million years...we live different lives now but still the same animals...evolution isnt that quick! (No fancy trainers or warm ups either thou I dont recommend that)

But sleep and rest is important especially at start of new fitness regime so your body gets used to it gradually, we wasnt born and bread living as Cavemen day in and out, when we sleep we heal and recharge...

I usually see the weekends as my heal and recovery days as it gives me a routine to work too...I look forward to weekends and I look forward to week ahead. Important part is to listen to the person who know which is you or your body that is..

Learn to differentiate pain of injury which needs rest to repair Vs the pain of a good workout which can be cured with a good stretch...your body knows listen to it.

14 Jul
Amen Brother.
37 Posts
Jul 14, 2014 6:05pm
via Android

Thanks guys,  thanks sis.
I have had 1 day rest in the last 14, feeling tired so I'm going to up it to 1 a week and see how I feel :)

166 Posts
Jul 14, 2014 6:08pm
via Android

I think rest days with plenty of sleep and protein are crucial for repairing muscle and maintaining strength. :-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51