Another question

2 posts | Original | Recent
2 Posts
Jul 17, 2014 9:32pm
via Android

Ive gained fifty lbs this past year.. im like 180 and im 5 foot 4. Im naturally a bit thicker and it looks good if im toned and I'd say about 140 lbs..130 actually doesn't look good for me..what's my best bet since im out of shape and just want to lose 40 lbs..and tone up? Should I detox first or anything? Also. .all I drink is water now but I'm just retaining it.. also cant control my eating in the middle of the night. Right now I'd like to do cardio and work on my abs. Abs first or after cardio? What are the best ab exercises? How often should i work out and how long? Thanks guys

17 Jul
Damn I don't know what to answer first lol
17 Jul
For weight loss you need to focus mostly on cardio, then build muscle once the weight is lost.
19 Posts
Jul 17, 2014 10:22pm
via Android

I agree with Samantha that cardio is best for weight loss. However, there's no harm adding in some extra strength exercises to build muscle. If you want defined abs then try the different ab workouts on here (take a look at casual ones if your new to them) and then do cardio for 20+ min afterwards. The ab workout will use calories to fuel and build muscle and the cardio will start to burn energy stored in the fat and allow those abs to start to show. Try and workout 3-5 days a week, depending on intensity. Try to eat dinner late, like only a couple hours before bed to reduce hunger at night. Good luck!

17 Jul
It's not that I'm even hungry in the middle of the night. .i just wake up a few times and snack. It ruins everything I do during the day. I guess I gotta just not buy certain things like weight watchers ice cream Also if I stay away from high fructose corn syrup that'll help too right? I used to drink a caramel frappe every day but now I have a small one once a week.. im super impatient and want to see results fast or I get discouraged
17 Jul
Yeah healthy snacks could be good. I love almonds and sometimes mix in dark chocolate covered almonds. Pita chips and hummus are good as long as you only take portions of each. Trying to eat slowly helps! Its hard for me but really trying to enjoy the food will take time away from eating more

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51