Medicine and Exercise... Want to know anything?.. Do ask...

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
34 Posts
Jul 19, 2014 2:02pm
via Android

Medicine and body go hand in hand.. I am a medical professional.. Do ask anything u want to know..

Image_thumb
385 Posts
Jul 19, 2014 2:10pm
via Android

Im on beta blockers and I struggle getting heart rate up.

While relaxing my pulae is around 55-62 while flat out its 120 what can ido to burn fat and have more explosive energy?

My doc says its not good to come off them but why not?

19 Jul
Its because sudden stopage of beta blockers can lead to very much increased heart rate and may even lead to arrhythmia or even cardiac death.. So what you can do is talk to ur doctor about the dose and amount of heart rate u want to achieve... But since beta blockers decrease the work load on heart and decrease its power and rate u have to do only moderate workload.. Intense can lead u to even worse situation.. The most u can do is limit ur fat diet.. High omega fatty acids and lower Low density lipids.. This will even...
19 Jul
Thanks for that Manmeet..its just frustrating for me, I did come off them for a week once by a old doctor and ended up in hospital .. im on 50mg at the moment ill see if my doctor will decrease it to 25mg and see how that is
19 Jul
Beta blockers are generally tapered off in 3 to 4 months may even take more time.. Ur doctor knows ur disease and ur dose better.. So dont risk ur life on that part.. Diet on the other hand can be easily controlled.. Just need some will power though.. :D :p
Image_thumb
115 Posts
Jul 19, 2014 4:25pm
via Android

Hi Manmeet. I already posted this question. But I guess I'll repost it here. How big is hormone role in body building? I find it hard to get toned while a friend of mine looks toned even if I workout harder than him. Thanks in advance

19 Jul
Look.. Every human have their own body build up.. U can notice that blacks are generally tall and heavy and well built.. While fairs are generally thin.. But there are many genetic predispositions to this.. There are certain receptors on our cells of our body.. Every hormone have its action through these receptor... The thing is everyone have different body.. And different number of these receptors... Thats why some can get fat very easily while some cannot even put weight eating 24 hrs a day.. So the thing is one can have a lean body with only muscle and no...
19 Jul
To get a toned body one have to do 2 things...
19 Jul
First... Get rid of the fat... And second get rid of the loose skin on the body after the fat is lost.... Loosing fat is something u do when u exercise.. But loosing that loose skin on the body is prety tough job.. Skin generally tightens only after 6 to 7 months.. But to increase the process u have build the muscles beneath.. Thats where muscle building come into play.. So yess.. U have to work harder than ur friend.. But dont get dishearten.. I have seen a lot of people getting toned in about half a year that me...
19 Jul
Thank you very much. This lightens up my curiosity tjis whole time. I learned that everybody is different, but can achieve the same with different effort.
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jul 19, 2014 6:23pm
via Android

How much should I workout in a day. I suffering from hypothyroidism. I do yoga everyday for an hour but haven't lost any weight. Should I join a gym or yoga is sufficient?

22 Jul
Can u plz tell me what dose of T4 u are taking in the morning?.. And whats ur age and weight ..?
22 Jul
And also if u take any other medication..?
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jul 22, 2014 11:30am
via Android

Thyrox 125mcg , age 22, weight 80kgs. And I don't take any other medication.

22 Jul
And from what age u have been taking this medicine?... Since 5 to 6 years of age?
22 Jul
No. Since 16 yrs of age
22 Jul
Snehal.. See.. What thyroid hormone does to the body is that it increase the basal matebolic rate of the body... Let me tell u with an example... See... If you stop ur car at the lights and you are not accelerating.. Ur car doesnt turns off... there is something which is maintaining this state of engine by consuming certain amount of fuel per unit time.... And that rate will be called as basal metabolic rate of the engine.... Likewise in our body thyroid hormone maintains a steady pace of metabolism.. Now what happens if thyroid decrease..?... The engine will slow...
23 Jul
Thank you so much... Im in search of a good Indian diet plan for me. Can you suggest some?
Image_thumb
39 Posts
Jul 23, 2014 2:14am
via Android

On Fluoxetine and it seems so hard to lose weight. I understand I will have the propensity to gain weight, up to 15 a year. Why is that? I don't want to stop my medication but I don't know what else to do. I feel like I have hit a plateau. Any suggestions?

23 Jul
Hey layla.. Can u plz tell me whats the dose u have been taking, for how long have u been on the medicine, any other medication u have been taking..., why have u been taking this medicine and any other disease you have been suffering from.... Sry to ask so many questions.. But they are necessary for giving u a solution..
Image_thumb
34 Posts
Jul 23, 2014 10:02am
via Android

@snehal i am doing a little research on that.... will post in a day or two...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51