Food Allergies...

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jul 19, 2014 7:16pm
via Android

Has anyone had success in loosing weight with eliminating foods that you are allergic to? I recently had a food allergy test done and found out that I'm allergic to a lot of foods that I eat regularly, including eggs. I workout 6 days a week and have never been able to reach my goal. Any advice?

Image_thumb
1 Post
Jul 19, 2014 8:17pm
via Android

Food allergies have nothing to do with weight, i'm also allergic to many foods and I still eat them some times, if you are a strict eater than maybe it's time to change your diet, always keeping it healthy, your body gets used to routine. Break the routine. That's what works for me, I lost 120 lbs in 10 months, eating healthy, small portions 6 times a day and naturally exercising without weights or GYM. I also change my diets once every 3 months, but always eating 6 times a day, last meal at 7pm. Good luck

19 Jul
Congratulations! That is an amazing accomplishment. Thanks for your feedback. I do get stuck in my routine so that is great advice.
Image_thumb
185 Posts
Jul 20, 2014 2:56am
via iOS
Yeah my Dad has been recently diagnosed dairy free and with celiac disease (strictly no gluten whatsoever) so that's eliminated many fattening foods for my entire family. 
I think you shouldn't base your weight loss expectations on the food you're not eating due to allergies, however I agree that it can have an effect. 
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jul 21, 2014 12:20am
via Android

Thanks for your input as well.  I'm sure that is really hard for your dad. I've been gluten free for 3 yrs and recently diagnosed as dairy allergy. Dairy had been the hardest to give up so that is why I was curious if it affects weight loss. I can live with the once in a while stomach aches but want sure if it was causing other issues.  Does your dad have success in staying away completely from dairy? 

Oct 2, 2014 2:29pm
via Android

Dairy is full of fats (good and bad) - I switched over to Coconut milk and Almond milk, rice cheese, etc. and lost a few pounds just from that switch. I had been feeling sick for some time and found out that I'm gluten intolerant just about 6 weeks ago. I struggled with losing weight, energy levels, and felt just sick all the time. The majority of my diet included gluten rich foods. It took a few weeks to figure it all out and for my body to switch over from using those carb rich foods for energy. But now I feel energized and have lost 7 lbs (I would work out till I couldn't move and always gained - talk about a frustrating defeat).
At any rate, I wish you the best of luck with switching the foods in your diet. It will be tricky at first but once you get into the swing of it you'll not only feel wonderful but will have the results and energy you need to succeed!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51