Need accountability partner

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jul 19, 2014 11:00pm
via Android

I'm a newlywed and I lost almost 20 pounds before the wedding, and of course gained back about 10. Before I met my husband I lost 40 pounds. I know my biggest flaw is keeping motivated. My husband doesn't eat "healthy" food, so I sneak in the veggies or exercise (his job is pretty physical, though). So support from him is a struggle, and most of my friends are fit and not overweight. I'm just looking to keep in touch with someone else who's in a similar situation and looking for an accountability buddy :) I think it could be fun to check in share ideas, frustrations, recipes, etc. Who's in?

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jul 20, 2014 5:39pm
via iOS
Emmari,  

Good for you reaching out to others for accountability.  It can be a struggle when you don't feel like you are getting the support you need, but it's not an impossibility.  Your most powerful excercise equipment is your mind.  What thoughts do you have around excercise?  Are they negative or positive?  If they are positive good for you, if not it's time to change your focus.  Focus on the results you want.  Take a before picture (you don't have to post it on here) and find a picture of the results you want to accomplish.  Be realistic with this as all body types are different and if you're going for something unattainable that will hinder your progress.  Also keep the self talk positive.  Society feeds us more than our fair share of garbage.  Garbage in garbage out.  When do you normally like to workout?  Stick to a regular time for this at least while you are getting into a routine.  Understandably not always possible, but this has definitely helped me out!  Because I know you are serious about this I also suggest you do a food journal for a week.  This is something I need to do as well, so I will do it with you.  I just found an app that will allow you to take pictures of what you eat.  This would be good if you don't have time to write everything at the time.  The app is called "Eat-app".  Looks like it will calculate calories though honestly eating healthy is about much more than calories.   Add your liquids in also due to the caloric content they have.   Anyway I hope this will give you a good starting point.  I will follow you and be here for you.   I'm sure we can help each other.  Also this app provides a lot of resources we can check out.   Let's get this started!  
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jul 21, 2014 11:16am
via Android

Thank you Karen. Like I said before this is not my first time. I know what to do, I just would prefer not do it alone - it is just what I learned works for me. Thank you for the tips, though, but I'm looking for a partner rather than an instructor. I will definitely have to try that app! It is something I haven't tried before, and seems better to WATCH how your food changes rather than reading the journal. I'm going to download it now before breakfast :)

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jul 21, 2014 10:23pm
via iOS
You are very welcome!  I'm glad you know what works for you and no doubt it won't be long before you are back where you want to be.  I'm glad I could at least let you know about the app.  Karen

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51