Ramadan and workout!!

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jul 26, 2014 12:05am
via Android

How do you deal with fasting and workout

26 Jul
What's the great time to do a workout during fasting?
Image_thumb
45 Posts
Jul 26, 2014 12:28am
via Android

Ramadan has been a blessing in disguise for me. I lost about 10 kilos and my body fat % has come down a lot.
It's simple really. For suhoor you have something rich in protein and carbs. Then at iftar you have fruits and nuts which will give you the energy to workout. Then about an hour you can do your workout followed by cardio. Afterward a small snack high in protein and maybe a banana of you feel exhausted. And that's it.

Here's what I do
1. Suhoor -  a plate of rice and fish and a couple of big slices of mango. LOTS of water. (amounts to about 600 calories)
2. Iftar - a cup of porridge and a cup of fruit and 4 dates (about 400 calories)
3. 20 min yoga + 45 body weight training + 15 min cardio
4. Post workout meal - 3 tbsp of peanut butter (for protein) and an omelette (amounts to less than 200 calories)

So that's a total 1200 calories. Feels amazing. And you don't starve. And the pounds shed quickly.

26 Jul
If you prefer working out during the fast then low impact cardio is your only option. Anything more vigorous will leave you dehydrated and out of energy. So remember... Eat healthy and in portions. Drink water. And begin your workout an hour after a 'fruit'ful iftar :)
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jul 26, 2014 1:25am
via Android

So nice of you Faisal
Thank you for your attention   :-)

26 Jul
You're welcome Noura and happy to help :)
26 Jul

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51