Sore!

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jul 30, 2014 7:44pm
via Android

Just started working out and I am sooo sore! Lol I might be acting like a wimp but does anyone have any tips or specific stretches to help with this? I can barely walk! Hahaha.

30 Jul
Good work:-) simple yoga might help
30 Jul
A good stretch holding each stretch for minimum 45-60 sec right after your workouts will help
31 Jul
Try toe touches or a yoga workout from here...lol
Image_thumb
45 Posts
Jul 30, 2014 8:33pm
via Android

The soreness is the result of microtears in your muscle fibre. Happens to almost everyone who start out. Since your muscle wasn't used to the stress of
working out it tears a bit. This is normal. Make sure you eat a protein rich meal thatll help heal those microtears with bigger stronger muscles.

And ALWAYS warm up before your workout :)

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jul 30, 2014 10:20pm
via Android

Try to get a good intake of vitamin C. Also next time you work out take vitamin C before you workout.

Image_thumb
731 Posts
Jul 30, 2014 11:47pm
via iOS
Doms (delayed onset muscle soreness) happens to most people when their muscles are exposed to a new source of stress. And is mostly a result of inflammation. There are many things there can reduce inflammation.

A cold bath.
Antioxidants
Massage.
Eating an addecuate amount of quality foods.
A light workout Will also reduce Doms instantly. (So if you legs hurt. Do sone bodyweight squats or a run)
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jul 31, 2014 12:09am
via Android

Thanks everyone! All very helpful so thank you. I have to say that it's really awesome that there is a community on here where you can reach out to others and they are willing to give advice. Thank you :)

31 Jul
U can see my topic on exercise and rest and many other topics.. It will help u.. For more queries, do ask me... And dont forget to follow me for more updates.. :)
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jul 31, 2014 12:50am
via Android

Good luck Amanda!:D

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Jul 31, 2014 10:12pm
via Android

Sorry, starting working out feels like dying. Over and over and over again .... :-)

Image_thumb
15 Posts
Jul 31, 2014 10:24pm
via Android

Keep it up. You being sore is u showing yourself how much u want this. Sore today but feeling bomb tomorrow

Image_thumb
38 Posts
Jul 31, 2014 11:55pm
via Android

Nighttime Recovery. The pros use it, you should too!

31 Jul
Have u heard about chocolate milk help in with your workouts for before or after.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51