flexibility?

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 9, 2014 8:44am
via Android

Anyone know any easy tips to help increase my flexibility? Thanks in advance. :-)

09 Aug
Yoga and dancing
10 Aug
Stretching cold muscles makes no sense so be sure to warm up prior to stretching. You want to hold each stretch for a minimum 30 sec but preferably 60 sec
10 Aug
I agree with Anthony...straight into stretching and you can easily pull a muscle..warming up makes stretching easier and even feels a lot nicer.
10 Aug
Dynamic strechting before,statics after.
10 Aug
Hi mimi. If you really wana great flexibility then log on my fb page www.facebook.com\universalworkoutmk.com you will get great workout for flexibility
Image_thumb
37 Posts
Aug 9, 2014 10:02am
via Android

I do stretches before workouts and I think this helped with flexibility. Wushu Stretchy Stretch

Image_thumb
215 Posts
Aug 9, 2014 10:06am

In a mdicinal letter I have read, stretching before workout doesn't make sense. But do stretching in the evening or on days when you don't do workouts.
Look at the yoga workouts here, they also help a lot.

09 Aug
I disgree with that...I've heard that stretching after is a waste not before! But stretching before gets your muscles warmed and flexible ready for working out....after youve already used and stretched muscles in your workout so pointless doing it again...
09 Aug
Befor and after. Ur muscles just like an engin its nevwr good to just go from 0 to 100 on a cold start. And streaching after helps relax the muscles so u dont cramp
10 Aug
Check these two articles about stretching http://healthland.time.com/2013/04/08/why-stretching-may-not-help-before-exercise/ http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/flexibility/a/aa022102a.htm Matt, when you do sports (= activate muscles), the muscles are shortened/contracted. So stretching after is good.
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Aug 9, 2014 2:13pm
via Android

Like all training it has to be done a certain amount of times each week. Best advice I can give is flexibility training should be done every 36 hours, keep doing that and eventually the body will adapt to the demand and help improve your flexibility!

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Aug 9, 2014 3:22pm
via Android

I keep my legs straight and bend over to try and touch toes.  I hold it for like 30 seconds and find that after a bit I can extend

10 Aug
Thank you
Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Aug 9, 2014 9:32pm
via Android

Full Body Stretches for Cool Down & Flexibility

Give it a go on a regular basis.

Image_thumb
33 Posts
Aug 10, 2014 7:16am
via Android

If only my GF though like you ;) lmao

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51