Lazy and unmotivated. Tips?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Aug 10, 2014 8:00pm
via Android

Hi, I had this app before but never stuck to it. I'm 5'10 and 63kg (10 stone) not over weight but unhappy and determined to lose a couple of KGS and tone up.
Only problem is I just can't eat healthy-i love crunchy carby foods- and I'm ridiculously unfit and lazy.

Anyone any beginner's tips or anything for me?

10 Aug
Find a workout buddy who will get on your ass about working out. Put up pictures of people that inspire you where you will see them everyday and motivate yourself, don't buy the bad foods you want so bad, go shopping for the foods you need. Self motivation is hard. Find someone to hekp
12 Aug
I switched out the sweets with a chocolate protein shake from herbalife and switched out the evening crunchies with air-popped popcorn, crunchy veggies with thin blue cheese dressing, or crispibread with tomatoes and cheese. May not be your flavors but finding healthy substitutes worked for me. Hope you find something that works for you. Having things cut up and available makes them an easier alternative.
Image_thumb
45 Posts
Aug 10, 2014 8:27pm
via Android

Two ways.

Either you can stop cold turkey and start eating healthy or you can gradually eliminate the crunchy carby from your diet and add what's good for your body. The first way requires a lot of discipline and usually you end up giving up cuz you feel miserable.

I used to eat anything and everything. It was mostly unhealthy. What I did was, I reduced my portions of the 'crunchy carby' and then slowly added healthy foods. The trick is to incorporate foods high in fibre. That way you eat little but you feel satiated and you won't feel the need to reach for a bag of chips.

But whenever I feel a strong craving, I do indulge. But in portions. Usually with a healthy fruit afterward so I don't end up feeling unsatiated.

Remember, your fitness journey shouldn't feel like punishment. Cuz your body will never stop yearning for the crunchy carby goodness if it just feels miserable all the time. Just teach and reassure your body that you'll take good care of it and it, in turn, will play along.

If you'd like some pointers and how to manage your cravings or anything else...just inbox me.

Good luck :)

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 11, 2014 3:18am
via iOS
Follow healthy pages on in.stagram
Image_thumb
63 Posts
Aug 12, 2014 7:45am
via Android

Go for clothes shopping.. Try tight fitting dresses..if u think u look Fine.. Then u dont need to worry that much

12 Aug
Haha...so simple yet effective.
300x300_thumb
168 Posts
Aug 12, 2014 5:56pm
via Android

Well, where to begin...

You said you're unhappy. And want beginner tips.

Walking makes you happy. That should be all the motivation for you to start.

To tone up, light weight nothing to extreme. But once you start you need to finish.

We all know food is delicious but you need top watch what you eat. It's for your own good, happiest.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51