Protein shake recipes?!

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
166 Posts
Aug 15, 2014 12:25pm
via Android

Hey gang! So, I recently bought some protein powder ( first time ) and I've been making these great post workout smoothies with extreme chocolate protein powder (ON 100% GOLD WHEY), 1 large banana, 1 cup low fat milk and 1 cup crushed ice. Delicious!!

Anyway, it got me wondering what other protein shake recipes do you guys/gals know and love? Please include exact ingredients and measurements so I can try them myself. If you prefer a particular premade shake I'd love to hear about that also!

Ps: I've got a cold so I haven't been working out last few days but I've still been supporting my fellow fitness friends and I'll be working it out soon!

15 Aug
Hi, I use one banana, one boiled beetroot, one fig, and dried seedless dates with milk. It is my liquid breakfast.
Image_thumb
385 Posts
Aug 15, 2014 2:50pm
via Android

Its a tool to me so I mix it with around a litre of water and use fruit punch its the plainest flavour in Gold standard range I could find...I find the other flavours are sickly for my taste and then down the hatch.

I have used fresh OJ, a little water with fruit punch which is quite nice...thou if using creatine its not.

15 Aug
Thx Matt, appreciate the feedback!
Image_thumb
52 Posts
Aug 15, 2014 7:21pm
via Android

Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter and yes you guessed it Peanut Butter! Maybe some cinnamon too

15 Aug
Lmao! Girl you love that PB! And what did I just have for lunch. ..you guessed it ...peanut butter and jelly! Thx for the feedback Ren, my next shake will be chocolate and PB ;-)
15 Aug
Ive heard peanut butter mixed is nice an old PT told me that what he had!
Image_thumb
52 Posts
Aug 15, 2014 8:07pm
via Android

PB makes everything taste better :) s'pose almond butter would work just as well

15 Aug
I love almond butter. It's got some healthy fats too!
17 Aug
Try using almond milk instead ok skim milk. it tastes so much better. .

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51