Calling all ectomorphs

4 posts | Original | Recent
11 Posts
Aug 18, 2014 1:24am
via Android

Hi workout buddies,
This is to find out how many find it difficult to gain bulk and are of the lean athlete build types...also what do you do to counter your genes n improve on size. I'm strong, but my size doesn't reflect that ...

18 Aug
You do these workouts and you will turn out fresh and new and good luck
19 Aug
I spent so long trying to get big. I managed to get to 78 kg (~172 lb) for a while, but it was to much work to stay like that. Then I started rowing a few months ago and while I only weigh 73 kg (~161 lb), it's all quality muscle and I'm in better shake than I was at 78 kg.
7 Posts
Aug 18, 2014 2:33am
via Android

Are you trying to gain without supplements

It took me the better part of a year to go from 160 to 180lbs.  I had macro goals to meet each day, and a heavy lifting routine 4 days a weekIt was/is a LOT of eating, much more than I was used to, and I still did supplementsBut watch out...since we don't show fat gain across the body, the fat will settle in the problem areas :-/  I had to maintain a regular but non-aggressive cardio routine, low impact.

11 Posts
Aug 19, 2014 1:07am
via Android

@ Vonzell: I've not taken supplements so far. Only increased my protien intake thru natural foods.. But kudos to you! Gaining 20 lbs is an achievement. I'm presently at about 150..have gone up to 158 once in my life, but that was when I had lots of time n with lots of lifting...

139 Posts
Aug 19, 2014 8:20pm
via Android

I've always struggled to gain weight.  When I graduated high school I was 6 feet tall and 115#.  Once I started lifting, I've gone up to 160# and in college tried everything to gain more(heavy lifting, shakes etc) but could never sustain it for long.  Now that I'm older and wiser(36 ) I workout with much lighter weights and range between 160-165# for the last 10 years but my % body fat stays in the single digits and I'm happy and accepting of my ectomorph frame

24 Aug
Well said Brian. I'm your age exactly. I'm 5ft10 n been into sports. In 2004-05, when I was lifting heavy n eating lots, I was at my heaviest at72kg. but it's near impossible to sustain in the long run. One major surgery in 2010,n now in more moderate in my approach. but realise that with age, it's good to have some extra (good) weight to prevent injuries n stuff...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51