Water during exercises?

11 posts | Original | Recent

0217_thumb
7 Posts
Aug 20, 2014 4:06am
via Android

Hey everyone! So my question is straightforward. It is good to drink water, sports drink, etc, during exercises?
I've been reading on internet and sometimes articles contradict each other. Like on some says 'you must hydrate during exercises', 'only after the exercise' 'only if is a long activity' 'drinking water during workouts can provoke stomach ache or worsen performance', and so on .
So what's the truth behind hydration?

20 Aug
I've always wondered the same
20 Aug
I always drink water to stay hydrated when working out. I find it helps alot. The only time I wouldn't consider it is when you're doing ab workouts or extreme cardio. :)
20 Aug
I think drinking intra workouts with the exception of bcaa and good old fashioned water are pointless and counter productive. Its essential to drink water to get a good workout it and hydration is always key. But don't fall into the trap that gator Ade will somehow be more effective in keeping you hydrated. Most people who drink sports drinks while they workout barely burn off the calories in the drinks alone.
20 Aug
Well Dennis ,water is a very important durinf excercises to compensate the water you have lost and to avoid to be dehydrated so it can help if you just got a (sip) to overcome muscles fatigue by dehydration so you are in safe side and it help to sweat more by burning fats according to cardial rate efforts and I dont or never accept drink any energy booster it cause dehydration on expence of muscles endurance ..
21 Aug
I can't drink more than a sip before our during a workout or I get side cramps. I've been told that has too do with my breathing, but it doesn't seem to matter what workout I do.
Image_thumb
70 Posts
Aug 20, 2014 5:04am
via Android

I think it's important to,  I get dehydrated during long workouts especially. My best advice is to sip at the water throughout the workout and don't gulp it down.

20 Aug
Well said Lil B... i agree, taking sips at a time is okay, but when you take big gulps its like getting an air pocket in your gut when running and yes you will soon feel like vomiting afterwards. But water creates sweat and sweat helps your body cool off so you don't pass out. And without it, you will get dehydrated easier, them its not fun for you or the people freaking out around you hahah so yes water during a workout is good (:
20 Aug
Totally AGREED :)
Image_thumb
385 Posts
Aug 20, 2014 10:31am
via Android

Well within an hour of exercise you are not going to dehydrate not unless tou havent been drinking for sometime before hand...so dont worry if you dont drink.

You should avoid drinking large amounts of water (Sport drinks are just money spinners) sip water to wet your throat is all thats needed.

After workout dont gulp pint after pint of water...drink around half a pint 5 mins after another half and so on  to avoid stomach cramps and for your body to hydrate naturally .. technically you can drown drinking to much water in one sitting its extremely rare but the point is gulping isnt good.

0217_thumb
7 Posts
Aug 20, 2014 11:23am
via Android

Hmm ok, so drinking water is always good if is taken by short gulps. Thanks!

20 Aug
Also avoid really cold water, that is was causes the cramping ;-)
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Aug 20, 2014 11:56am
via iOS
Hydrate but do not over hydrate.
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Aug 20, 2014 5:45pm
via Android

You don't really need to drink water during your workout unless you plan on exercising for over an hour

0217_thumb
7 Posts
Aug 20, 2014 5:53pm
via Android

That was one of the things I readed.

21 Aug
Image_thumb
28 Posts
Aug 21, 2014 2:45pm
via Android

Yes it gives back electrolytes you're losing and gives you endurance

Icon_missing_thumb
10 Posts
Aug 22, 2014 10:28pm
via Android

I drink water while I workout, hell I drink water all the time. Never touch sports drinks though, they are a waste and don't give you anything your body needs unless you are working out for a long time at a high intensity, like a couple hours straight.

0217_thumb
7 Posts
Aug 22, 2014 10:44pm
via Android

Sport drinks are really useless? Everybody here says that.

Icon_missing_thumb
10 Posts
Aug 22, 2014 11:09pm
via Android

All sports drink do is replace electrolytes (salt) that our body is pretty good at maintaining the levels of anyways, not to mention the added sugar and calories that are in sports drinks versus waterIt really depends on the person but you have to sweat excessively for an extended period of time for your body to need the salt replaced

23 Aug
As per my last fitness coach. At least 20 ounces just before exercise and no less than 32 ounces during a moderate work out... if you go harder drink more, I average 90 min workouts and at least 60 to 80 ounces of water per

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51