Phentermine advice?

15 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Sep 1, 2014 1:33pm
via Android

Just started taking phentermine as prescribed by my doctor. Looking for tips, preferably from a woman over 300 lbs using this medicine for weight loss. Day 2 and down 5 lbs so far. Looking for workouts and meal plans

01 Sep
This medicine wotks great and you are going to lose weight very fast. Me and my friend both took it. I would advise light exercising nothing to strenuous. It will really raise your heart rate quick that's why. All you need to do is eat healthy food and the weight should fall off with the medicine. Just try and create a routine now so that when you stop taking phentermine you don't back to bad habits. Good luck!
02 Sep
Thanks Vanessa that's good to hear some positive feedback about the medicine. I am surprised I have already lost 3 lbs and this is only my 2nd day on the medicine.
05 Sep
I've lost 12 lbs total since my doctor appointment on August 1st. 7 lbs since starting the phentermine on Sept 1st!!!
01 Oct
So it's been a while since I've logged on, it's been a rough couple of weeks. But it's now October 1st and it's been a month since starting the phentermine and my weight loss journey starting at 325lbs and I'm proud to announce that I am now 298lbs. THAT'S 27 LBS IN ONE MONTH!!
Tim_hames_pic_2_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 1, 2014 1:52pm
via Android

It should be a concern any time you need to use medication to assist in weight loss.  You have been exposed to several layers of addictive foods and all the advertising that support it.  My recommendation is remove all foods that feed your addiction and replace them with fresh fruit snacks.  Start out with a one day fast of your regular eating habits and replace that food with fruit and water, this will offset the withdrawal you will feel.  Then start on a regular diet that includes fresh fruit and vegetables to Kickstart the weight loss process.

01 Sep
The medicine was 100 percent my idea not my doctors I asked for it, i am 25 years old and over 300 lbs and have had a hard time losing weight l. Thanks for the advice. I have already cut out soda and only drink water now, I do a replacement shake everyday for lunch with fresh fruit. And I've already noticed a big difference
01 Sep
Congratulations on a great start to a healthier you!
Tim_hames_pic_2_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 1, 2014 1:59pm
via Android

Also, if you need someone to help coach or encourage I can help. I'm former military, and have been down the weight loss road before.  Additionally we can support each others progress.

01 Sep
Tim, I see you all over and just wanted to say thank you for caring enough to share your experience, advice, and time.
Tim_hames_pic_2_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 1, 2014 2:07pm
via Android

Sounds good. Keep in mind if you are going to succeed it will take a lifestyle change, that is the key to breaking the behavioral cycle of bad eating.  I see it all the time, people tell me they are replacing a particular food with something healthy but continue to eat all the other foods that contribute to their obesity.  One valuable piece of advise: keep it real, don't lie to yourself.

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 1, 2014 11:07pm
via Android

I was 288 in May. I used 37mg dose of phentermine. After the first 3 months my doctor took it down to 30. I've lost 64 lbs, but I take a B12 shot and workout daily at least cardio (walk). My only problem was I couldn't sleep the whole night. Since lowering the dose,  I'm much better. 
Congratulations in your decision to change your life.  I've lowered my blood pressure and feel better than ever.
I don't recommend using for long term,  I don't anticipate usage past the end of the year.  I also recommend doctor's monitoring.

02 Sep
Thanks and congrats to you on your weight loss that's awesome
Image_thumb
1 Post
Sep 2, 2014 12:05am
via Android

No problem!  If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Image_thumb
40 Posts
Sep 2, 2014 12:56am
via Android

Trust me it dont work for long took it for a year lost almost 100lbs. Now it dont work anymore. And gained 50lbs back. Now I'm trying to lose it without the meds. I went months not taking it. And tried it again. Still wouldnt work

02 Sep
hmm.. well you shouldn't take it for a year, thats too long. my doctor only gave me a 3 month supply and said if it works for me I should take a month off and start up again if I feel I need to. Even after you end the medicine you should still work out and eat right, maybe you just need to work out harder or eat better?? Idk but I've known people who have lost 60 to 100 lbs in the 1st 3 months. So if you lost 100 lbs and gained 50 back after you stopped taking...
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 2, 2014 2:24am
via Android

Sometimes we don't realize that there is other responsibility along with the meds. It's meant to assist in changing the habit of eating while we learn to eat better,  less,  exercise.  Like I said,  my doc is decreasing it.

02 Sep
That is absolutely true, my doctor told.me if I felt like I needed a decrease he would do that for me. But I'm only on day 2 and have a 1 month supply with 2 refills if I need them. I have changed my eating habits and I walk 2 to 3 miles a day on top of working and cleaning. I don't plan to rely on the medicine longer than the months I've been prescribed. I'm only taking it to jump start my weight loss so my husband and i are both in better health to start trying for...
02 Sep
Are you tracking your food, like on My Fitness Pal? I track EVERYTHING. That helps my accountability
02 Sep
Yes I do use my fitness pal and I have a dry erase board in my kitchen I use to write down all my meal plans for the week :)
Image_thumb
22 Posts
Sep 2, 2014 5:09am
via Android

Woman, You are a beautiful person. Please dont take meds for weight loss.. jus think healthy amd aim for healthy. And stay away from tv or facebook, and go for walks instead. Really You are georgous no matter how You weigh.

02 Sep
Thanks moriah, but my doctor says I'm too overweight and it's keeping me from getting pregnant. I'm only 25 years old and weigh over 300lbs. My biggest problem is I work from home and I've gotten lazy here lately. Trying to get back in shape and get healthy so I can get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy with no risks for.me.or the baby.
02 Sep
I understand that :) thats why i said think healthy! When we are active like walkin and jus eatn healthy we js lose weight.. but diet pills are not healthy. Its jus a way to lose weight and who knows how temporary that might be. Just a lifestyle change would be good.
06 Sep
Wat is Phentemine ?:
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Sep 6, 2014 12:28pm
via Android

Wat is Phentemine
Do you have to be certain weight to take

06 Sep
Phentermine is a rapid weight loss pill your doctor can prescribe to you to jump start your weight loss, I am on day 6 and already down 7 lbs. It should not be taken more than about 3 months. You must diet and exercise properly along with taking the medicine. I asked my doctor to prescribe it for me because I am 25 years old and over 300 lbs and I needed an extra boost.
06 Sep
It's something you have to be very careful with, it raises your heart rate so you have to be sure not to over work your body and eat something even when you don't feel hungry, as the medicine will supress your appetite.
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Sep 6, 2014 12:43pm
via Android

Do you have to weigh a certain amount for your doctor to prescribe it I would definitely like to try it

06 Sep
I'm not sure, you will have to talk to your doctor about that, if your doctor doesn't feel that you need it he won't prescribe it.
06 Sep
Go to the website to learn more about the medicine and it's pros and cons http://www.drugs.com/pro/phentermine.html
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Sep 6, 2014 12:47pm
via Android

I also saw an advertising for a pill call belviq

06 Sep
Both phentermine and belviq are similar, but you shouldn't take either if you have any heart conditions or high blood pressure. You also shouldn't take it with any anti depressants
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Sep 6, 2014 12:53pm
via Android

Do you work out they have a pretty work powder called c4 that gives you lots of energy to work out and yes it really work
It for someone who lacks the energy or motivation to go to the gym

Gud luck in your journey

06 Sep
I'm confused, I thought you were asking me about phentermine? Now your telling me about a weight loss powder??
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Sep 6, 2014 12:55pm
via Android

Sorry for the typo (pretty)

Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Sep 6, 2014 1:06pm
via Android

Sorry for the confusion it's not a weight loss powder it's a pre work out powder

06 Sep
Oh, I do protein shakes for breakfast along with taking the phentermine and that gives me my energy to workout. The phentermine is a energy boosting pill

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51