I need help with push ups and sit ups.

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Sep 3, 2014 4:06am
via iOS
Hey guys!! Im a female thats preparing my body for intense basic law enforcement training!! I need to be able to do 40 push ups in one min. And 40 sit ups in one min. And run 1.5 mile in 19 min. Soo far i have been running every other day but im having trouble doing one push help please help!!! I cant pick myself up once im down!
03 Sep
You can do anything u put ur mind to. Good luck
03 Sep
Hold a plank for as long as you can, take a short rest, and repeat for 3-4 sets. Add tricep dips, use some heavyweights for curls and kickbacks or extensions. Don't have dumbbells use gallon jugs filled with water or try one of the other suggested push-up alternatives
Image_thumb
83 Posts
Sep 3, 2014 10:46am
via Android

Then start with kneeling push ups, or wall push ups do 2-3 sets to failure every other day and you'll see improvement in no time!

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Sep 3, 2014 3:51pm
via Android

Sounds like you're getting ready for a PT test or something. The best advice I have is take the test you are looking to pass every other day, but don't just do the minimum. Push yourself until muscle failure for push ups and sit ups or do as many as fast as and as much as you can in the one minute. As for running, try to run hills and keep that max time that allowed or under and run 2 miles instead of 1.5. Remember to push yourself on thisAt the end of your run you shouldn't be able to hold a conversation. If you keep like that you should be able to complete that 1.5 mile in 9 minutes

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Sep 3, 2014 11:39pm
via iOS
Yes i am preparing my body for BLET training i have until december but im having trouble placing my arms in the correct position
04 Sep
Are you talking for the Push-ups? I've done various tests with Navy and law enforcement so know they all have their preferences for push, pull and sit ups.
04 Sep
Yes law enforcement and yeah according to my age to pass the test successfully i need to be able to do 40 push ups and sit ups in 1 min and run 1.5 mile in 19.52 seconds! Im no so worried about the running im more so focused on the push ups and sit ups. Which im stressing over, because i cant seem to get my arm for the push up in the correct position!!
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Sep 4, 2014 1:45am
via iOS
And yes i am aware they have their peferences but at least if im able to do a successful set of push up And sit ups i will have a better chance of passing the test! Lol
Hstzsdw4avx_thumb
3 Posts
Sep 4, 2014 2:48am
via Android

True.  Something that helps me with push-ups is to push down through the bottom part of my Palm (the meaty bit at the bottom of my thumb) rather than through the top bar where my fingers join.  Helps with the transfer of power. Another thing.  I have seen plenty of fit people not get into outfits after fitness tests because their attitudes haven't been any good whereas those who are so so fit have gotten through because they don't quit. Keep up the motivation and effort

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51