Knee pain (martial arts)

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 15, 2014 12:14am
via Android

Hey!
So I do karate and every so often when I'm kicking my knee starts to hurt (some kinda pull I think), does anyone know exactly what it can be and how I can get around it
Thanks!

Image_thumb
33 Posts
Sep 15, 2014 12:45am
via Android

get knee compression, knee scocks or knee straps some people just need them.

once you have some kind of protection start to strengthen your knee, do lots of leg press, hammy curls, low squats ect

15 Sep
Yup I'm gonna get knee compression now hope that'll help. Thanks!
Dmml411c_thumb
12 Posts
Sep 15, 2014 3:19am

I hope it helps. If you experience knee pain from karate, you could be suffering from a number of issues like Hyperextension, Rotational Injuries, and Overuse Injuries. If the pain is sudden, severe or accompanied by swelling, seek medical attention. Rest, ice, compression and elevation are usually enough for mild symptoms, and ibuprofen can help reduce swelling and inflammation. If your pain worsens over the course of a few days, consult your doctor. You may have a serious injury that should be addressed.

15 Sep
Its actually a sudden pain around the bottom part behind knee cap. It usually makes kicking uncomfortable but it goes away like towards the end of the day. Im getting knee compressions hope that'll help. Thanks so much!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51