Dont quit

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 16, 2014 8:04am
via Android

I had a regular doctor checkup about two months ago. It was then that I asked about my weight. I know I'm not as small as I was before I had my son but I wouldn't have considered myself to be obese. That day my doctor told me I was borderline obese...I came home to my husband and asked him to help me lose weight, he agreed to help. He took me to gym once put me on treadmill while him and his friend went and did their work out and never took me back. I did my research and learned how to eat healthy,but apparently that's not enough. I went bk to doctor last month due to him wanting to check my process, I dropped 5 lbs...still isn't enough. I have no family where I live, the few friends I have are either pregnant or too busy to join me, and obviously my husband isn't concerned or care. I have family history of diabetes and obesity, which is why my Dr is concerned.

Due to the lack of help, guidance, support...I went into the f**k it state of mind for almost a month. I hate how my body looks, double chin, big arms, rolls everywhere when I wear my summer dresses, belly fat and flab from being 105 lbs before pregnancy then in the end of my pregnancy I was 207 lbs.

I keep a spotless house, tend to my family's every need, babysit 2 other kids, I know it don't sound like much but I can assure you, I stay busy all day. Even though I support my husband in every decision he makes in his military career, I don't see why he can't return the favor. But the past few days, I have researched workouts I can do in my own home. I'm not going to put myself, my health, my self esteem in harm's way due to others.

This is the very beginning of my journey, the beginning of a new chapter, the beginning of MY life.

I hope anyone struggling with similar issues, even worse issues know that you're not alone. I'm going to show my loved ones even myself how determined and dedicated I am even if I have to do so alone. I hope everyone wanting the same things as I overcomes and prevails.

16 Sep
All the best tiffany Its difficult to beat those who never gives up.. So keep it up put ur aggression in ur workout..
16 Sep
Hello Tiffany. A few months ago I looked at myself in the mirror and saw a shell that my former self was trapped in. I knew that a younger fitter self was trapped in there and needed to come back out. I quit smoking, joined the gym, and downloaded this app. I bought supplements and protein shakes. It was difficult to break old habits, but much harder to start new ones. NO ONE AROUND ME SUPPORTS ME! If anything, they want to put me down. Don't expect support from anyone. Once you figure this out in your life, you will...
18 Sep
Same here im on a weight loss journey and i feel so alone
Image_thumb
138 Posts
Sep 16, 2014 4:32pm
via Android

All the best Tiffany ..amazing spirit....keep it up and you will definitely achieve all your targets..

16 Sep
Respect and my support you have, go for it!
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 16, 2014 4:40pm
via Android

Thanks for sharing. I don't have as many excuses thus convicting me even more to keep pressing on. Keep going we are all here to support you! Time to transform you into one hot mama! :)

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 16, 2014 5:02pm
via Android

Any advice on what to start with ? I'm going to have my first workout in a couple of hours (as soon as I finish house chores)

16 Sep
I usually start with a stretch 9 min morning empowering stretch is good. After that depends on where you want to focus on. Don't go extreme right off the bat. Start with casual work outs and work your way up. You can always do one more. Good luck and any more ?s just ask
16 Sep
Hey Tiffany..since your main focus is on losing weight..:-) ..you can start with cardio workouts on here which are of casual/moderate level..since you are new..so start with some casual/moderate workouts..:):)..and you can find many of them here..there are lots of workouts here....:-) you can search them strong lady!!..:-) ..:-) .all the best..:):):-) .
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 16, 2014 5:33pm
via Android

Well I was thinking, I love my yoga...so I figured I'd start morning with different yoga routines, adding in a little core, and full body

Afternoon do some cardio, core, and rotate upper and lowers depending on the day

Evenings I haven't planned for yet haha.

I HAVE TO have a written schedule for the week though and put up on fridge or something or I won't do it lol I just don't know how to schedule my week. And it has to be and Hr 3 times a day.

16 Sep
Just remember to give your body time to rest. Be patient and stay vigilant.
16 Sep
Oh and this connects to Google calendar and you can set it to send notifications
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 16, 2014 5:41pm
via Android

I rest on weekends lol

17 Sep
Hi...im Amelia i just started my journey too..just did three days of workouts...im thinking the same as you taking my rest days on saturday and Sunday...one helpful tip...keep my food healthy on the weekends too...so that the week can start as energetic...~dont wish for your beautiful body ..work for it..~
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 16, 2014 5:42pm
via Android

Not gonna do so much I wear myself out, all workouts right now will be easy going. Once I'm use to it I'll step up the workouts

17 Sep
I don't have anyone either to workout with, I can't afford a gym membership, so motivation is key! I just started today and after 1 session I'm determined. Follow me and if you want to, inbox me your # and we can motivate each other! :) Best of luck girlie!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51