Nothing seems different

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Sep 20, 2014 2:13am
via Android

Hey everyone. I have been working out now for about 2 months. I work out practically every day and I switch up my workouts. (I've heard doing the same thing over and over reduces results). So typically, I will do my 1.5 mile walk (I heard it's better than running as it uses more muscle) then I will do ab work for 20-30 mins or cardio for about the same time or just a full body workout. I do this daily like I mentioned above. I have seen very little to no difference. My husband and everyone else said that I won't yet. Am I doing something wrong or do you have tips that I might want to include in my existing workouts? I just started using s Health and workout trainer for a few days. Need guidance. I'm getting discouraged but NOT giving up. Thanks!!!!!!

20 Sep
How many calories in, how many out per day?
20 Sep
Well, what I'm able to calculate, my guess would be more in than out. I don't have the resources to exactly how many out, unless you can help. Also, reading through the forum, I'm extremely discouraged now because I'm finding out that those who have had a c-section, like myself, won't render good results. I'm finding out that I may not ever have that 6pk I am aiming for. :-(
20 Sep
That 6-pack is 70% diet! Are you tracking calotoes? If not, try it for a week and see what the #'s are. Take some measurements and retake them in 3-4 weeks and see if there's any difference and only weigh once every other week if you must and make it first thing in the morning wearing only your birthday suit!
20 Sep
It takes time. Maybe you should switch your diet to a low carbs diet. You maybe losing inches.
23 Sep
So, I'm on a little better track I think. My goal is 2000 calories. I took in 630, burned 724 with 2094 left. Yes, I did eat, probably not as much as I should have but I typically don't eat while at work. In fact, it only said I burned an additional 69 calories according to steps taken tonight but I know without a doubt I burned more than that. I am very active at work. In fact, so active I actually sweat. So the burned part is probably not accurate. It's most likely more. Hopefully, I can stay on...
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Sep 20, 2014 3:53am
via Android

So I started back up with myfitnesspal again and according to it my goal is 1540 cal and my intake was 1342 with 535 out.

20 Sep
You really want to try to end the day between 1300-1500 hundred after taking away calories you burned. At just over 1300 and subtracting the 500+ your body is trying to survive on just 800 calories and it's gonna want to hold onto every calorie with the # that low. Hang in there, consistency is key and you'll figure it out and see the changes.
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Sep 20, 2014 12:54pm
via Android

So should I increase my calorie goal to say 2000 for now until I can regulate it? I only went with 1540 because that is what myfitnesspal suggested. I guess what I'm asking is do you know of any websites or the like that will help aid me in what to eat, what to avoid,  etc? I have the exercise down but not the diet.

20 Sep
Choosemyplate.gov has excellent ideas and you can customize a meal plan based on your needs and it's free! and who doesn't like free :-) there's also some free meal plans on bodybuilding.com but the first one has so much more info. I'd work to keep my end of day calorie count between 1400-1500 and after 3-4 weeks see how you feel. Pay attention to how foods make you feel after eating because some can make you feel bloated or make you feel horrible but if you listen to your body you'll be fine
20 Sep
Thanks!
20 Sep
Hang in there Amy :-) you'll get there and we're all supporting you!
Image_thumb
215 Posts
Sep 20, 2014 11:19pm

Welcome Amy:)

You wrote "So typically, I will do my 1.5 mile walk (I heard it's better than running as it uses more muscle)"

I'm not sure if you really compare walking with running. Running uses more muscle and burns more calories because it's faster.

You should do cardio one day, the other one body workout. Run longer than you do now, least 30minutes and increase up to one hour.

Are you healthy enough to do running?

Also make sure to eat the right things after your sport. You need vitamins and protein. Low carbs.

It takes time until you see your success. Keep on, you will make it!

Image_thumb
157 Posts
Sep 21, 2014 12:36am
via Android

Dr. Oz suggests 10 minutes of high intensity exercise a day. It boosts your metabolism for 24-48 hours after your workout. Diet is about 80% of the key to weight loss. And remember you didn't gain the weight in on a day, so it will take time to lose it. Don't get discouraged, just stay consistent.

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Sep 21, 2014 12:42am
via Android

Thank you. 

21 Sep
Hi Amy listen I've been exercising off and on for over thirty years. You always start out full of energy and high hopes. I strongly suggest you do this 1st set a goal layout a plan to reach your goals. Focus on what's important to you. I know that no one wants to go to the doctor but, I strongly recommend that if you have a doctor you see regularly go talk to your doctor. He or she will have a good idea of what will be a good starting point for you. As a person who has been at...
21 Sep
Correction I don't want to hear that you have given up. Just make sure that you are careful and enjoy yourself. That's how you stick to it.
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Sep 21, 2014 11:03pm
via Android

So, I feel I did a little better today on the calories. I started with 2000 and as of right now, with supper done, sitting with 1267 remaining. That is with intake and burned calculated.

21 Sep
Great work!
Image_thumb
215 Posts
Sep 21, 2014 11:50pm

Congrats:) You'll make it.

It's good to eat in about 500 kilocalories less than you burn. So your body doesn't start to burn protein.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51