I need motivation, help me

2 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Sep 20, 2014 1:44pm
via Android

I really lack motivation when it comes to exercising. I do so well for a straight month and then I loose all my focus!

20 Sep
Write motivational notes to yourself on stickies. Stick them on the mirror. Maybe that may give you some incentive.
20 Sep
I was just thinking how I've been doing this exercise thing for a few years now. A lot of times I didn't do good. But I kept coming back to it and it adds up, even the short easy workouts with the tough sweaty ones, they all count. I get unmotivated sometime too, but be encouraged. You can always do something, walk up and down stairs, walk to the store don't drive that kind of thing too. Couple other things. Get some pics from magazines of people doing exercises or healthy things and other stuff you want to see in...
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Sep 20, 2014 10:30pm
via Android

I have always had the same problem.  I do great for a while, usually 4-6 weeks then life gets busy and I miss a day or two. Then when things get back to normal I find other reasons to not start back up. I often tell myself I will start again tomorrow.

What I have found that helps is having someone else hold me accountable. I will get someone who loves me (Mom, sister, friend) to have the responsibility of asking me about my workouts, or even do things together.

Many workouts have happened when I would rather do anything else, because someone was going to ask me about it tomorrow. It is the last price of motivation I use but when I really don't feel like working out it can tip the scales and get me doing something so I don't have to say I did nothing.

Accountability

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51