Feeling defeated

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Sep 22, 2014 11:15am
via Android

I started working out on my lunch for the last month. I started at 174-175. I am now at 188-189. I know this could be weight gain from gaining muscles..I can tell in my butt and my legs. But my question is why haven't I lost any weight or tone anywhere else .now the scale doesn't matter .But I need help

22 Sep
Take inventory of your eating habits, calories in/calories out, types of foods you're eating, salt intake, calories from liquids...what kind of workouts are you doing? Intensity? duration?
23 Sep
I think u and I are in similar situations maybe we could be weight loss buddies and motivate each other .:-) message me if u want
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 22, 2014 11:26am
via Android

Try doing more casual work outs to lose the weight, and stay away from more intense ones as they build muscle that you may not be ready to build yet. Also try mixing up your work outs so you can work on more then one area of the body. Remember it's better to complete a workout lazily then not at all, and keep it short to build your endurance.  Hope this helps. :)

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Sep 22, 2014 12:04pm
via Android

I run a mile.. which takes me 15 min.the the rest of the time I do my squats.

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Sep 22, 2014 12:05pm
via Android

I also run two miles.. When I get home

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Sep 22, 2014 2:09pm
via Android

Thanks..I think I squat too too much..but I won't the tone legs..so what would be a great way to loose and tone?

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 22, 2014 2:19pm
via Android

I would suggest some low intensity cardo. I will message you a few good weight loss workouts.

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 22, 2014 2:27pm
via Android

Once you are breezing through causal,  search cardio in work out and find you some more moderate work outs. If you need more suggestions or any help feel free to message me. :)

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Sep 22, 2014 2:36pm
via Android

Thanks so so much

22 Sep
Are you running 3 miles every day? Body weight squats or weighted and how many? How many calories are you getting every day?
Image_thumb
1 Post
Sep 23, 2014 1:25am
via Android

I had the same issue. I was really upset and felt really defeated. The first step though is an emotional one. Realize that everyday is a new step to learn and grow from past experiences mistakes and progress. Entering this phase with a defeated mindset only makes you focus on the negative and not positive gains.

I consulted a doctor today about this issue and she said to maintain a healthy balance of cardiovascular exercises and strength training. Cardio helps to maintain weight loss while strength training helps to tone. She recommended more Cardio more days of the week.

Don't weigh yourself weekly. Our weight fluctuates for many different reasons. Shoot for twice a month and never before your menstrual cycle. Also look at the looseness of your clothes, dress size, and measurements.

Hope this helps! 

Image_thumb
222 Posts
Sep 23, 2014 11:00am
via Android

To be as general as possible because I don't know your exact situation but often times some weight gain is normal. Usually it takes my body 6-8 weeks to see a decrease.

Of course your diet plays a huge part. High fiber, moderate protein INITIALLY, healthy carbs and LOTS OF WATER AND HYDRATION.

If you're pushing yourself it will come.
Be blessed and feel blessed
You would be surprised how much thinking healthy thoughts help

Inbox me if you feel comfortable doing that and I can share my story.
Have a great day.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51