How Can I Get Motivated?

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
58 Posts
Sep 24, 2014 2:26am

Hi,

Ive been working out for 3 weeks but Ive hit a wall. I just dont really want to do any working out. Im tired. Im actually exhausted. Idk what to do. Ive manged to get down from a size 18w to a size 10. I feel like Im quitting now. I dont want to but Im just so tired. What can I do meanwhile I get back on the wagon? Any suggestions? Im trying to get down to a size 4 in jeans. I dont want to gain anything back. i would actually like to continue my weightloss.

24 Sep
My boys are a constant reminders.... your not going to run circles around your old man...lol:-) they actually join in on workouts so it's win win:-) :-)
24 Sep
I second Henry on that. I work out for my kids and wife
24 Sep
Yeah Im kinda doing that too for my family. I couldn't stand not being able to play with my three-year-old around the house when I was fat. I can do it better now. I just gotta think on that.
Image_thumb
231 Posts
Sep 24, 2014 3:54am
via Android

Maybe find some friends and workout with them. Remember, you earn your body. Running is awsome to for fat burn.

24 Sep
Yeah I could get a partner, its just I would need a babysitter. Ugh.
Image_thumb
612 Posts
Sep 24, 2014 5:26am
via Android

Look at it this way.  How would you feel about slipping back to a size 18 again?
Weight loss necessitates a lifestyle change and not just working out till the weight comes off.  Give up and you will likely slip back into bad habits and eat yourself back to square one.

24 Sep
Ugh. That's what Im afraid of. I don't want to go back there. Even my husband of 5 years told me that I looked fat for the first time ever. I mean I have been fat before with him but not to the extent of actually making him say something about it.
26 Sep
Is that therefore not motivation enough? Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind
02 Oct
Yeah I guess, if you know it comes out of love.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 25, 2014 12:02am
via Android

You may want to try something for some energy..i started losing weight 3 Years ago..i went from 227(size 16) pounds down 160 (size 9)..i moved last year to a different city & stop working out.im now bak to square 2..224 pounds and I've been very unhappy gaining bak this weight..Its hard to get movitated and stay motivated especially when I workout hard in eat right but when I get on the scale I've gained instead of losing.

25 Sep
Oh I know how that feels. Ive yo-yoed about 60lbs many times in my life. I just cant seem to keep it off. But I keep trying hoping that one day it will be the last time I have to lose that much weight. Keep going. Youll get there.
26 Sep
The reason you girls can't keep it off is that you with out to lose weight then think it ends there. You must lose your old habits at the same time to be successful you must make it a change in lifestyle. Consistency is key...
02 Oct
Yeah Alan, youre totally right. I do give up everything and go back to my old habits as soon as I lose the weight. I gotta change my lifestyle.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51