Motivation and Accountability Needed!

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Sep 25, 2014 4:31am
via Android

Thanks for reading!

I'm 5'4 and over 200 lbs. My goal is to lose 20 pounds by my birthday, December 14th. I know I can do it with a little motivation and common accountability. I've been counting my calories and tracking my steps. I recently had knee surgery so my mobility is limited and my exercise is also limited.

Please feel free to suggest any workouts that would be useful or just drop an encouraging word. If you've had success with a food regimen, please share!

I'm honestly just looking to be healthier one day at a time. I'm open to suggestions, new friends, workout motivators.... anything positive and inspiring really.

25 Sep
Great job! Keep it up! A really good trick to losing weight from my experience is... Eating a good carb free breakfast, a small protein filled lunch, a fruit or veggie snack and only if hungry eat dinner... Dinner isn't an important meal, focus on eating more for breakfast than for dinner !! For weight lose, diet is more effective than exercise but of cause remember to always put in some time for a 40min walk or a few jumping jacks
25 Sep
Thank you so much for the advice Gracie! I haven't tried that approach to eating and I definitely think it is worth a shot. I'll keep you updated on my progress. Thanks for your support!
25 Sep
Glad to be of help! Hope you reach your goal
30 Sep
Suggest you look for program that helps you set calorie per day goal and guide you with nutrition advice. Eating too few calories will put you into fasting mode, which will slow your progress. This is according to My Fitness Partner and Fitbit.
30 Sep
Correction. Should have typed *my fitness pal* not partner. Started using it recently because it has a Barcode scanner that helps in logging what I've eaten including the carb, fat, protein and fiber composition. There are other good programs out there that help you log your intake.
Image_thumb
222 Posts
Sep 25, 2014 10:30am
via Android

We're pulling for you and know that you can it. I can say that God has blessed us with a mind and body that is able to accomplish some amazing things.

I would suggest that you weigh yourself one last time then don't check it again until December. The reason is simple, the scale can give you a negative impression of what's going on with your body.

Stay with your workouts and diet and watch your body change without the scale and be excited about it. Watch what happens.

Sorry about that long post . Be blessed along the ride and welcome to the app.

25 Sep
I appreciate all of the information and sincerity in your long post. I am definitely not going to weigh myself constantly. I am hoping that I should be able to tell the changes via the way my clothes fit and also a general feeling of healthiness. Thank you also for your words of advice. Support and motivation and tips are welcome!
Sep 25, 2014 7:47pm
via Android

Just created this team, its purpose is to motivate each other (surprise, surprise... :-)). You're welcome to join! (skimble.com >> log in >> join a team >> MOTIVATION)

30 Sep
I will definitely join that support group! Thanks for the invite! No such thing as too much motivation...
Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 11:58am
via Android

I would like to be a workout motivator.  I have a hard time myself getting motivated.  I am fairly new to all this as well and just need to keep it going.  Here's to a healthier life!

30 Sep
Here's to a healthier life indeed! I've been making healthier choices and substitutions in my meals. I've also been trying to eat balanced small meals as opposed to binging. I have my MRI review appointment today so wish me luck! Hopefully I don't need surgery and I can start exercising again! Pray for me.
Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 3:08pm
via iOS
Will definetly be praying for you!
30 Sep
Thank you. I need all the prayers I can get!
01 Oct
No problem! Any time :)
Sep 30, 2014 3:52pm
via Android

You're welcome to join, just sent you the invite

30 Sep
Accepted!
30 Sep
I lied. It was a different Skimble notification. What is the name of the group? I'll search for it.
30 Sep
Lol! I logged in online, per your previous instructions. I'm in! Sorry I can't think. I'm up next to talk to the knee surgeon...
Sep 30, 2014 4:31pm
via Android

I see you're in .  The first team challenge is 6 weeks of push ups (3 times a week) - feel free either to accept or skip it. What are your fitness goals?

30 Sep
I would have to do girl push ups with pillows on my knees for now. My goal is to lose between 20-30 lbs by the end of the year! How many sit ups per session?
30 Sep
I'm not a pro but as far as I know, in order to lose weight you should concentrate on cardio (brisk walking, jogging, swimming) and right eating (consume less calories than you burn). As to the challenge, it doesn't include sit ups and the number of push ups depends on how many of them you're able to do now (pls see hundredpushups.com and if you're not sure, let me know)
30 Sep
Girl push up are ok!
Image_thumb
52 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 11:33pm

sorry to be disorganized today. Last time today I'll barge in on your feed! I don't use the food section of the Workout Trainer app because it didn't allow for easy creation of foods we eat. We cook almost all our meals from scratch, and have recipes accumulated over the decades from overseas that don't fit the profiles. That's why I ended up looking around for other programs that would track diet. Best program for creating the nutrition and calorie counts for our recipes has been My Fitness Pal, and it offers medically sound advice in line with what I saw on Mayo Clinic and similar sites. Also, when tracking activity, I found it hard to get things like tennis matches entered in Workout Trainer, and it was getting perilous for my phone to be put in my pocket during a match. It fell out too many times. MFP takes care of that also. If I didn't have a fitbit, which I got because of the phone problem, I'd use MFP and Workout Trainer. The phone tracks steps well enough.

Image_thumb
52 Posts
Oct 7, 2014 1:13pm
via Android

Good morning. How are you this week? Just wanted to send encouraging words.  :-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51