Dance like no-one is watching!!

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Sep 29, 2014 7:33am
via iOS

I tend to scroll through the skimble world updates just to see what’s going on out there and over the last few months have seen a lot of negativity, macho comments, trolling and general stuff which has made me question why I joined Skimble in the first place... Which was to live a healthier lifestyle, stay motivated and most importantly, HAVE FUN coz life is stressful enough!!

So here’s my challenge to YOU! (not a push-up or ab crunch in sight).. If you go to the gym today, or workout with other people around you, go up to a stranger and give them a compliment or positive comment!! Let’s spread the skimble love!!!!

Here’s mine...

Yesterday I saw a kid (16-18) who has been coming to my gym for about a year now. He began with a group of 4-5 kids and is the only one left that I regularly see training. He’s even been coming in with a broken ankle and pushes hard every time he’s there. Yesterday I told him it was great to see that he’d not quit and that he’d really packed on muscle over the last year, then I went back to my workout.

Have a great day, TRAIN HARD and remember... It’s nearly Christmas!!!!!

Scotty K (80's music lover)

30 Sep
Good call mate. Hope tons of dudes read this and takes it up. Best idea out; congratulating, and,lifting up other people,
11 Oct
This was great to read...i'm sure that boy was so appreciative and will never forget that compliment!!!! Nice job! Keep giving him some positive reinforcement from time to time...it will certainly keep him motivated!!!
Image_thumb
130 Posts
Sep 29, 2014 7:56am
via Android

Brilliant post mate. Definitely going to try this. Especially a lot of stuff and people have got to me badly over the last few days. Totally taking up this challenge.

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Sep 29, 2014 8:01am
via iOS
Remember to dance like nobody is watching!! 
29 Sep
I always do :)))))))
11 Oct
I know u will BSBABY...sorry Scott that was meant for PC!!:))
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Sep 29, 2014 12:58pm
via iOS
Very funny Erin.. My sides are splitting 
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 12:10pm
via iOS
Thanks Duncan, I've been guilty of not commenting so much on people's workouts but then I've been apart from my fiancée for 6 months so kinda had a reason not to be the most jovial of people!!! Just trying to bring a little bit of sunshine back to the skimble I used to know. Far too much growling and testosterone for my liking
06 Oct
No dramas mate. Fully understand. I had to wait for mine to come , for 7 months, from Scotland to Oz. Doing immigration, legally, fully sucks. All the best bro.
Image_thumb
612 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 1:53pm
via Android

Nice post matey.  I too will participate.  Always good to make others feel good

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 2:29pm
via iOS
Us Geordies are usually nice anyway mate
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Oct 6, 2014 11:57am
via iOS
I normally do most days :-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51