Motivation is rather scarce, need a workout buddy/s.

19 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
30 Posts
Sep 29, 2014 10:19am
via Android

I have been on Skimble for a while now, but im finding it hard to stay motivated. Tried asking some of my neighbors & friends to join me but they are not interested in working out. Would anyone be interested to be my work out buddy? Share workout tips, etc, or just someone to nudge me when I haven't been doing anything and I will do the same for you?

29 Sep
29 Sep
Sure! I'm hella motivated because there are 100 days left of the year! Let's get it!!!!!
29 Sep
Im always happy to give a nudge if you want :-) how many days inbetween wo's?
29 Sep
Nudge... we can all use that extra friend. I'm relatively new here... Let's do this :-)
29 Sep
Let us all be healthy
Image_thumb
30 Posts
Sep 29, 2014 3:22pm
via Android

Shoot! Accidentally deleted my reply.
I was saying, thank you guys for replying to my post. Yes please I do need a nudge from time to time. Currently I aim to train 3-4 times a week (Mon, Tue & Fri mornings, and sometimes Sat if I'm lucky ) but unfortunately I can only managed to do 1 or 2 and sometimes none. Time is so precious and scarce, I think 24/7 is not enough to accommodate everything .  That's why sometimes I train in the evening,  but then I'll have trouble sleeping after, so it is a little tricky sticking to my training plan. Anyway, let us all help each other to get healthier & fitter!

Image_thumb
117 Posts
Sep 29, 2014 9:38pm
via Android

after an evening training go to YouTube and do a guided meditation for sleep it slows you down mellows you out and will put you to sleep you may have to try a few to find ones you like

Image_thumb
107 Posts
Sep 29, 2014 10:08pm
via Android

Know how you feel motivation comes in waves sometimes it's hard to catch it as life toys us along its path. Is nice to have a friend that'll inspire or challenge you or whichever your mood needs. And help keep you focused on your goals.

30 Sep
Thanks Robert, very well said!
1488045_736689839675281_1126104164_n_thumb
1 Post
Sep 30, 2014 2:08am
via Android

Hey can I be your workout buddy. I usually workout early am.

Image_thumb
108 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 2:19am
via Android

Self motivation is key

Image_thumb
30 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 10:08am
via Android

A few more workout buddies are welcome
Thanks Hassan & Glen, let's get ripped lol easier said than done!

Image_thumb
30 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 10:09am
via Android

Too right Javi

Image_thumb
30 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 10:11am
via Android

Thanks James. Sure what time in the morning do you WO?

Image_thumb
30 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 10:12am
via Android

I shall do that Elle, thank you

Image_thumb
107 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 1:28pm
via Android

Am going to try a couple of your created work outs. I have a few scheduled for today but always looking for more to do

30 Sep
Thats great Robert. Let me know what you think after, but let me warn you a couple of them are pretty naff lol
30 Sep
Lol have to laugh at the term 'naff' lol must be British
30 Sep
Lol yup I've been living in thé UK for 9 yrs now, Brits are infectious lol
30 Sep
Aye the are but you gotta love 'em lol
30 Sep
What's your reason for being active and fit? Is it just to be healthy or you want to look good and feel good about yourself or somekind of sporting events perhaps all of the above or something else?. Me I'd have to say all of the above and need it as a change in lifestyle
Image_thumb
30 Posts
Oct 1, 2014 9:04pm
via Android

I haven't really tried any sporting events,  I may in future who knows :) im doing this to be healthy and strong and of course to look good  and feel good:)

01 Oct
Tis all the reason you need I suppose... The feeling you get after a work out is immaculate... Wish the weather would co operate though lol. Workouts done but now looks like rain for my run..
01 Oct
Maybe if am quick I can run between drops
02 Oct
Nope wasn't quick enough but felt good running in the mist. Feeling much better now :-)
02 Oct
Oh no, you got soaked? That's refreshing though
02 Oct
It was very refreshing. Just looked like it was going to rain. Was no more than a few drops but the mist was constant and felt good
Image_thumb
1 Post
Oct 3, 2014 8:52am
via iOS
Am keen! Started using this app recently. Need to focus on abs and cardio. Been so busy and distracted lately!!
03 Oct
Great stuff! We can share WO routines if you want
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Oct 3, 2014 9:28am
via Android

Hey, I work out to feel good and stay healthy but I find it hard to keep motivated. The most motivating thing for me is to see results of course, so I always need to work out AND eat healthy , and it makes me see results SO much faster! :)

03 Oct
Fantastic! Let's all keep each other motivated. It feels good when we look good doesn't it.
Image_thumb
107 Posts
Oct 5, 2014 2:44pm
via Android

Some days it's very hard to get motivated.  Took me all day to get my butt in gear. Finally at 9 pm I got my main work outs in. Now trainer coming today. I should sleep good tonight lol

05 Oct
Well done you I, on the other hand hasn't done any work out at all today, does house work counts? 'coz I did loads lol
05 Oct
Lol it does or should that's why I didn't do much till then... No rest for the wicked ;-)
05 Oct
oh good, I dont feel so bad now lol
Image_thumb
30 Posts
Oct 10, 2014 4:48pm
via Android

Needing some inspiration fellow Skimblers, weather is shitty can anyone give me 3 reason why should I move my backside and do some training today? (sighs)

10 Oct
I know how you feel I miss summer already. First and foremost reason you know you'll feel 200% better inside and out 1.Because it makes you feel confident 2. Because it helps you get stronger 3.Because exercise helps combat depression I have a list of 100 reason to work out lol :-) Hope that helps motivated you Gina. Have an awesome day
10 Oct
Thank you Robert, those are great reasons not to skip training today plus I had some chocolates today had to burn that out lol
10 Oct
What Robert said.
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Oct 10, 2014 7:17pm
via Android

I'll help! Because I need motivation too. I enjoy morning workouts but it takes me over an hour just to walk outside lol.

13 Oct
Thanks Breona, its really hard to stick to the workout routine specially for a busy mum like me. I only do train in the morning when im not working otherwise had to do it at night and most of the time im already too tired to do anything, at least I managed to do a few this evening really had to burn off the chocolate cake & poplova I've demolished during the weekend lol All the best to you.
Image_thumb
107 Posts
Oct 27, 2014 7:34pm
via Android

The nicest day and no energy to go for a run... Maybe later lol

27 Oct
Haven't done anything yet myself today, I really need to some squats for the challenge. Just do some home exercises, I'll do mine as you do yours
27 Oct
Come on Robert, let 's do this lol :)
27 Oct
Ok lol first I got to eat then a hour I go run at sunset:-)
27 Oct
Fine, but I've got to do mine now otherwise it's gonna be too late and then I'll have trouble sleeping, and besides. I've already eaten :) But, I'll count on that lol
27 Oct
Done got 5 miles in... Thanks for the boot out the door :-) lol
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Oct 28, 2014 6:46am
via Android

Can I help u

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51