Anyone using GymPact app for motivation?

9 posts | Original | Recent

41714_501026031_2766795_n_thumb
4 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 2:05am
via Android

I'm losing motivation to workout regularly so decided to use this GymPact android app. Now I have to workout or lose $5 per day... Also I can earn around $2 per week if I reach goal... am curious if any one else already using it here for motivation.

03 Oct
Interesting concept
03 Oct
How do you "lose" money?
03 Oct
If you commit for 5 workouts per week and did not make it, then your credit card would be charged with $5 per day. So, if you did work out only for 3 days instead of 5 days, then your credit card would get charged for $10
03 Oct
03 Oct
Yeah.. I don't want to pay them money for being lazy.. so.. I'm working out everyday (one of the three below).. 1. Spend atleast 30 mins at a Gym 2. Use RunKeeper app and run/jog for atleast 30 mins and 1 mile 3. Walk atleast 10,000 steps using tracking device like Jawbone UP or Fitbit. Now they would pay me around $2 per week.
4 Posts
Oct 3, 2014 4:13pm
via Android

Yeah.. I have been using it for a week and its working. I did not skip working out even for a day...

Adobephotoshopexpress_2013_12_04_19_48_56_thumb
57 Posts
Oct 3, 2014 5:37pm
via Android

That's neat!  I'm going to look at the diet part. I have no problems working out but my diet is horrible.

03 Oct
Even I'm lazy about diet.. So trying Food Log Pact in the same app to see if it can make keep tracking how much healthy food I'm eating..
04 Oct
I'm installed the app and doing the free trial version. Going to see how the food logging and fresh fruit veggie works out. It was interesting how everyone doing the fruit and veggie had to upload their pics. I think that was my favorite feature. I can be more open minded on different fresh produce I can eat.
Natsu_wallpaper_1_thumb
32 Posts
Oct 4, 2014 12:27pm
via Android

Cough *scam* cough
It relies on people to install and inevitably forget about it because of life and then they debt you! *cha-ching*

Yeah sounds great at first but that's how all scams work! Just get a piggy bank/jar or savings account and do the samething yourself...and see you'll inevitably forget but won't be making some other people rich and yourself poor! Plus avoid the potential of having your credit card details being sold on black market.

Motivate yourself and reward yourself don't rely on others. Be accountable to yourself and improve!

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Oct 4, 2014 2:56pm
via Android

Yeah, make yourself an account at tue bank and log it...be truthful...and at the end of the week deposit or withdrawal the amount....or use a jar...lol

4 Posts
Oct 4, 2014 7:08pm

I've been trying self-motivation for an year without success. That's reason for depending on Third Party. 

I checked various reviews about this app on internet before using it. Also, I don't think I will forget about it as it keeps remainding me that I will lose money if I don't record my workout on that day.

04 Oct
And if you lose your phone all the better for them. If your battery runs flat all the better for them. You can do the samething yourself just by setting a reminder on your phone even on skimble it has that function. $5 for 1 missed day takes 3 weeks hitting your workouts to make back. I missed a workout because I forgot my gym shirt next day my battery went flat during a workout. It's a rip off app in my mind made to take advantage of people. Just saying there are other was of achieving the same effect...
Adobephotoshopexpress_2013_12_04_19_48_56_thumb
57 Posts
Oct 4, 2014 8:17pm
via Android

Why so much negativity on this app. If people are trying to make a positive change in their life who are we to judge. If this works for people,  I applaud you for taking the first step.

As far as getting into credit card fraud. I'm not getting into that. It has nothing to do with fitness.

I am no longer following this thread since it is now counterproductive. Feel free to follow me if you want to talk about fitness.

04 Oct
Well the person wanted to know what people thought about the app... lol
04 Oct
I wanted to know if any one else here is using this app and what they think about it.. but looks like some people don't even like how it works.. anyway.. I will continue using it till it works for me and helps me keep motivated :)
Natsu_wallpaper_1_thumb
32 Posts
Oct 5, 2014 8:59am
via Android

You're welcome to use the app just trying to warn you against using it because I used to work for a company that had a similar service. All legal with friendly reminders that you're being billed.

But when I checked the user accounts I found 1000's of accounts being unused and being actively billed. Some dead clients some just in hospital, some lost their hardware, etc. It was easy to spot since you would see 3-4 months of activity then nothing. And this went on for years company making a few cool million turn-over. Because people didn't notice the small deductions. Hated working there as the soul purpose was to take advantage of people with normal lives.

That's why I'm trying to warn you and others against a service that automatically takes money from you because I've see tonnes of people suffer from it and the company has it in their T&C's that you've agreed to.

Also I suggested alternative way to motivate himself but still maintaining the principle. Just don't like the app!

4 Posts
Oct 5, 2014 5:38pm
via Android

I understand  your concern. I will use it for few more days before making any decision...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51