Fitness Smartwatches

10 posts | Original | Recent
Sep 30, 2014 6:03am
via Android

Hello Skimble fam!
I'm curious. ...
Do you own and use a fitness Smartwatch?
What kind do you own?
What's a feature you like about using one?

I'm definitely looking to purchase one for myself. I want to be able to track my motion, heart rate and link it to my android phone. ;)

30 Sep
Hey, may not connect to your phone but any of the new garmin watches are great. You can buy a heart rate monitor with it as well and it syncs. Tells you how many steps/ miles you do, calories burned, has interval options. Well worth a look!
17 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 2:56pm
via Android

I got my hands on a misfit shine pretty cheap. Was a sale on amazon. Great on tracking activity and sleep. Minor issue when sync. Though it doesn't track heart rate but that really isn't hard to figure.

Also a few fitness websites have talked about which fitness watch

Dec 17, 2014 8:21pm
via Android

Well I still haven't bought one yet. They all have such varied options and I want one that does it all!  ^_^

My eye is still kind of on the moto 360.  It has pulse monitor and android wear os.

64 Posts
Dec 23, 2014 6:32pm
via Android

I've got my eyes in the Basis Peak.  Anyone have any experience with that watch?

13 Posts
Dec 23, 2014 6:51pm
via Android

I product test for a lot of the companies.... the best all around watch right now is the Basis Peak, however if high intensity training is your thing, it won't do well with heart rates over 80% on max hr. It isn't designed for that. If triathlons are your thing, the Garmin 910 St is the end all be all. If you want a very good on demand heart rate watch, go with the New Balance Life TRNR sync before they go out of stock. Or, if you are patient, wait for the AIRO which won't come out until next year. I'm working with them now and that watch can actual track your carbs, protein and fat intake using spetragraphy technology. You don't even have to log your food!

23 Dec
Track your food without entering food data - do tell...!!!
13 Posts
Dec 23, 2014 7:30pm
via Android

Yep...Google "AIRO" ..... unfortunately, the watch won't be ready until next summer.

23 Dec
I subscribed to updates - - thanks
16 Feb
I'm guessing it's gonna be really expensive though?
1 Post
Dec 24, 2014 5:27am
via Android

The Samsung gear fit is all you want and more I would go with that.  Plus you can accessorize it and change colors of bands.  And it's not too bulky.

Feb 16, 2015 9:51am
via Android

So I bought a samsung gear 2!
It has
Sleep tracker
Water resistant
Heart rate monitor ♡
Bluetooth syncs to my headphones

So far 2 days in...I'm loving it.

16 Feb
Have you tried linking it to apps, like trackers or sleep monitors? Since I have a Galaxy mini I don't have S Health so I'm mainly interested in devices that communicate well with different apps.
Feb 16, 2015 10:50am
via Android

Thanks for your reply!
Well I'm playing around with the samsung s health sleep app as well as one called
"Sleep Genius" it seems to be backed be NASA ♡

I'll update you on how they both work in a week. I need to give em a 7 day run hehe

16 Feb
Thanks, Karina, I'll be looking forward to your review. :)
82 Posts
Feb 16, 2015 11:02am
via Android

Get the new fitbit ,it is Bluetooth and wireless

16 Feb
I've heard good things about Fitbit too, how does it work with various apps for Android?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51