Advice

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 2:18pm
via Android

Been working my butt off for a month now doing pure cardio and using my body for weight like on insanity but I've been using this app for all my workout my calorie intake is 1200 but I never make it to that I always eat less I weighed myselve and I have lost five pounds is this just water weight or is it actually fat I am bien patient but I see other people losing more than five pounds a month am doing it wrong

30 Sep
Hi Esmeralda, I'm glad you're working hard. 5 pounds is definitely a big accomplishment for a month worth of workout. I advise that you stop comparing your results with other people's. Each one has a different body and different metabolism. The key is to focus on your own results and try to improve from there. I haven't lost a single pound in the first 3 months of my journey, despite working my butt off. However now I'm constantly losing 5-10 pounds each month because I'm familiar with what works for my body. I would also recommend doing more cardio, hiit...
30 Sep
Well done!! A loss of 5 pounds is still a loss. Be proud of that first of all. :) My advice would be to figure out where your calories are coming from. It's great that you are working out and keeping within your calorie goals but if you're not seeing the kind of results that you expect then maybe you're getting your calories from the wrong sources. Avoid refined carbs at all costs. That means NO white bread, white pasta white rice etc.. All these things have been stripped of nutrients. Stick to whole grain. Also how do you split...
30 Sep
Thank you I feel like I am but my clothes some of them kind of fit me a little bit loose but not much but yes its a accomplishment and I eat breakfast like a omlet with spinich and bell peppers workout for thirty to twenty minutes then eat a snack which is fruit but I normally I don't eat lunch till I go to work and that is my dinner which is sometimes a grilled chicken with boiled vegatebles like broccoli and cauliflower and then later Ill eat more fruit or a granola bar
01 Oct
Stop weighing yourself! Use a tape measure instead.....in a month and a half of Insanity, I lost 2 dress sizes but gained just over 2kg
02 Oct
Ok kelly :) but i weighed myself to begin with 150 and then thirty days later 145 im only gunna do it every 15 days do you think that good
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 2:29pm
via Android

You're doing great. That's a great pace to lose weight.

Ideas:
Some of that is probably due to gain in muscle weight.

Counting all exercised calories with myfitnesspal can have you over-calculating the burn, which can throw off your totals.

Don't worry too much about tracking your weight. Use it as a general guide. Generally speaking, your trend is that of consistent weight loss. If that's your goal, consider it a success and keep going. The slower you lose, the greater the chance you'll keep it off.

30 Sep
So I'm doing it right and do I need to eat more I've been using my fitness pall as well to keep the calories but idk how to reach the 1200
30 Sep
Do you count your exercises? If so, consider logging workout calories at half value. If you're not hungry, don't worry about eating more. If you want an extra small meal in there, some chopped nuts with yogurt, or a protein shake... Also, chopped veggies make a great snack and you can eat as much as you want since their calories are so low. It's a great way to fill up while getting great nutrition without cals.
01 Oct
What you mean as a half value and yes I do like workout ya and my snacks are fruit or a hidden valley gronola bar
01 Oct
Like if you're using myfitnesspal to count calories, then for workouts it may count too many and you'll wonder why you're not losing weight when mfp says you're way under calories... So when logging workouts use half values. Like if you did a 40 min bike ride log it as a 20 min bike ride.
01 Oct
Oh ok I see what you mean now and I've been eating those hidden valley gronola bars and potien k meal bar that makes my hunger go away are those good for you or no
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Oct 1, 2014 11:43am
via Android

What would be a good shopping list that why I know what to get and that why I'll get the right nutrients that I need

Image_thumb
140 Posts
Oct 2, 2014 8:14am
via Android

Try making it at least to the 1200 calories or over. Your muscles will use the calories to make you strong and they will burn the fat!

02 Oct
I try but I just can't but I'm a keep trying harder

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51