A newbie looking for workout friends...

24 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Oct 7, 2014 9:05pm
via Android

Hi!
I just got a new s5 and have decided to get fit again using this workout trainer app. Figured I dont really have an excuse when I've always got workouts on my phone!

I'm looking for workout friends to keep each other motivated! Let me know if you'd be interested and we can follow each other and keep each other on track!

Bit about me: I live in Australia, I'm 29 and I recently got really sick which is why I had to stop exercising. I also run my own blog at http://blog.pinkpixel.com.au.

Have a fantastic day everyone!!

07 Oct
Hi Jennifer. How's the weather where you are? I always enjoyed working out but I have a tendency to drop off for a bit as I get bored easily. This app seems to have my attention and I'm looking forward on using it and helping others out as well.
08 Oct
Hi there! I'm also a newbie here, would you be my workout friend? so that we can motivate and encourage each other to achieve our goal body. hahaha! Wendell from Philippines. 17 :)
08 Oct
Hey Wendell, thanks for joining us! I have followed you. whats your favourite workout so far? There are so many to choose from... its hard to decide!
08 Oct
Hello im from Mexico i love workout , ice rollers and gymanastic we can be friends
10 Oct
Hola Leonardo... see what I did there... hola... ha ha Welcome!! I just followed you back! Looking forward to keeping in touch! Good luck with your workouts!!
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 7, 2014 9:09pm
via Android

Hi! I think we're on the same page! Im also a newbie and im looking forward to exercise myself even if i can go to the gym. A bit about me; im karen from Venezuela and im 27!

07 Oct
Hi Karem, thanks for replying to my post! Wow! All the way from Venezuela! Thats awesome! I'll follow u so we can keep each other motivated! :)
07 Oct
* Karen - I meant to write your proper name!! Ha ha sorry!
28 Nov
Tambien soy de venezuela.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 7, 2014 9:19pm
via Android

Awesome! Nice to meet you!

07 Oct
Hi Karem. Always looking for a workout buddy. I'm ready to drop 20. It may take me a while but I'm hoping I can do it. Chatting and keeping each other on track might be a good idea.
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 7, 2014 9:49pm
via Android

Hi All
Canada here. Looking for workout buddies. Been using this app for 3 weeks now and I love it. Very motivating and choosing your own workouts is awesome. I just finished "drop and give me 20". By round 2 I was exhausted. And the sweat was pouring.

07 Oct
Hi Angela, yep, totally agree... I did my first workout this morning and it was a killer! Awesome to hear this site/app has been a good source of motivation for you! I am looking forward to exploring more of the workouts etc! Will follow you and we can keep each other on track! :)
Me_thumb
15 Posts
Oct 7, 2014 10:03pm
via Android

Hi Jennifer & ladies!
Nice to meet you! I'm in a similar situation. I had to have a benign tumour removed from my shoulder which left me gaining a lot of weight. I was left with chronic nerve pain and was limited in what I could do, except for walking - which really didn't happen! The year before, my other shoulder had it's 2nd full reconstruction and I had gained weight from that too. Like you, I recently purchased a S5 and have no excuses now! I'm also recently engaged and want to loose weight & get toned up for me, but also so I look fab for the wedding (errr...some time down the track)!
Me? - I'm 36 & in Melbourne, Australia. :)

08 Oct
Hi Tracey. Hope you don't mind but I've added you to my friends to follow. Always good to have a team of girls wanting to better themselves. Motivation sometimes is an issue but I think with a few friends we all can stay on track. I'm hoping anyways.
10 Oct
No problems Angela! :) I'm a bit the same....I tend to slack off and tell myself "ahh, I'll do it tomorrow" and then start to slack right off! So by all means, harass me to keep motivated & I'll happily do the same! :)
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Oct 7, 2014 10:49pm

Hey Angela,

Thanks for your post. The weather in QLD isn't too bad today. A little cloudy but starting to get hot as Summer approaches. Was really foggy this morning on my walk! Yeah, I'm the same... I get bored easily too but with all the different workouts on here hopefully I will stay on track! I also get really discouraged... I expect everything to happen quickly and when I don't lose weight or can't see any positive changes happening I lose interest. Which is sorta why I'm trying to get some workout buddies to encourage and keep me accountable! :) Anyway, at work now... better go and do something productive! Have an awesome day!

08 Oct
it's always tough to stay motivated if the scale doesn't change.
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Oct 7, 2014 10:55pm

Hi Tracey,

Ohhhh sounds like you haven't had much luck in the health department of late! :( I hope you are feeling better soon! I actually got married in April 2013 and was really disappointed with my wedding photos. I didn't lose as much weight as I wanted and just wasn't happy with myself in general. Now i have to look at those photos forever and they just remind me how unhappy I was with my body. But that's me... you are totally gonna smash it and look awesome for your wedding!! What's the weather like in Melbourne today?

07 Oct
Oh how great new buddies! Hi girls! Is nice to meet you all. I havent started with this app, but in a few hours ill start at home and let you know how it went. I was actually using for about 2 weeks another app but i didnt like it at all, the exercises never changed, and i got so bored. I like this opportunity to meet new people and help each other!
10 Oct
Hi Jennifer! - Sorry, I'm a bit late replying! Weather in Melbourne today is happy/sad.....we started off with sun but now it's rather overcast at 25°C! Spring in Melbourne is always a 'daily adventure'! LOL! I had my 2nd shoulder reconstruction after an attempt to get fit by swimming in our pool.....did a pathetic 3 laps and just dislocated the shoulder with no warning. Then the ER had trouble getting it back in (due to a staple from the 1st reconstruction) and I ended up with torn ligaments, tendons, muscles and cartilage off the bone. So I had to have...
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 8, 2014 2:39am
via Android

Hi all! I'd  love to join in on the motivation group!  I'm new to this app, but looking to lose 15-20 lbs! I quit smoking in Feb. and packed on the weight! :-( BTW I'm  Julie  (35)!

08 Oct
Same 20 lbs is the goal and being here seems to be keeping me on track. My phone has the workouts programmed until November and calendar chimes. So ignoring a reminder would make me feel guilty so I have to keep it up. Welcome to you all and I think chatting with give it that little extra push we all need.
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Oct 8, 2014 2:44am

Hi Julie,

Thanks for joining in! I just followed you! :) Congrats on quitting smoking! That is so awesome and a really positive step towards improving your health! Looking forward to keeping each other motivated and on track! :)

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Oct 8, 2014 3:33am
via Android

Hey Jennifer,
I'm in! Love staying motivated and moving especially when you have other women who can keep you going. I'm turning 40 this coming March and I need to stay fit so I can run with my kids and the kids I work with.
I'm in Las Vegas, Nevada

08 Oct
Angela here. I'M IN!!!! nice to meet you. Cool thing is the ppl on my follow list shows who did what workout. Neat. I just finished a lower body and it was tough. But a good workout to be sure.
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Oct 8, 2014 4:18am

Hi Glasel,

Awesome you are with us! :) What kind of work do you do with kids? Ohhhh, I have always wanted to visit Las Vegas!! It looks so glam and like so much fun! Hopefully we can stay in touch and if I ever get to visit we could catch up for a workout!! ha ha Looking forward to encouraging each other and keeping ourselves on track!

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 8, 2014 12:33pm
via Android

Hi Jennifer :)
I'm Mayar from Egypt and I'm also a newbie and I really want to get motivated .. This application is amazing I did my first workout today morning ! I'll keep using it !!
I don't have any working out buddies so I hope we can do it together :)

08 Oct
Hi Mayar, that's for joining us! I have just followed you so we can keep in contact! Wow! Ive always wanted to visit Egypt! Whats the weather like there today?
08 Oct
It's wonderful here .. Hope you visit Egypt soon .. Sure I'll meet you :) So how your workout is going ?
08 Oct
Hi Mayer. I'll be a follow buddy and hope we can keep each other on track. Come on girls.
08 Oct
I was a little slack this morning... I only did a very quick legs workout. But my internet connection wasn't working and I ran out of time before I had to go to work. I will try and get in another workout this afternoon. What about you?
Image_thumb
1 Post
Oct 8, 2014 6:00pm
via iOS
Hi there, I also recently quit smoking! I've gained some weight since too. Here's to losing that weight and being healthier! Good luck!
08 Oct
Hi Ashley, that's such a great step for your health! Congrats! I will follow you so we can keep in touch! Enjoy the workouts!
10 Oct
Oh me too Ashley! I'm in the middle of quitting. Just doing patches at the moment but I'm travelling OK, except for getting a little 'pudgy'!!!! - I weakened the other day and had 2x cigs but I'm back to being 'pure' again now! We can do it! - Time to get healthy and gorgeous!!!!! :)
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Oct 8, 2014 9:05pm
via Android

Hi,
My name is Carla and i am from Brazil.  I am a newbie here too... i like to do  streches. .. because i am traying to get resistence. ... my Dream is to do a maratone. ...

10 Oct
Hi Carla and welcome! What an awesome goal a marathon is!! Keep training and I'm positive you'll be running your heart out in no time!! :)
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Oct 8, 2014 9:51pm
via Android

I'm a assistant teacher for preschool and kindergarten kids. I also play sports with the kids. So I need to definitely  keep moving. This getting old thing is crazy but I'm trying to maintain my youth and energy as much as I can. If you ever find yourself in Vegas let me know. I know alot of yummy places to get some good eats! Then a workout after lol.

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Oct 8, 2014 10:53pm
via Android

Ok ladies, I started the strong body builder program on Pro+. It's a 4 week challenge. Level is intense but you can modify it if needed.
I am also doing the ab challenge moderate level.

08 Oct
Excellent work! GO Glasel!! :) I am considering going pro to get access to those workout programs as well. Have to discuss with the hubby as $$ is a bit tight atm. Let me know how you find the workout programs. Would love to hear if you think these are better than just doing the workouts. Wow! Being an assistant teacher for kindergarten would keep you on your toes! My husband is a PE teacher but he is so good at sports I feel like a failure whenever I do something sporty with him! ha ha I totally agree, getting...
09 Oct
Hey Jen, I was debating on if I should go pro or not and I finally decided to two months ago because I read up on it and I like the workout programs and challenges they offer. You can keep track on your workouts on a calendar they provide and if you miss a day it will let you reschedule and adjust the days for the rest of the month. It always sends reminders on the time you want to set to start a routine. I absolutely love it and recommend it. I didn't do the monthly payments. I just...
10 Oct
Hmmm I may have to look into this pro version I think! Thanks for the heads up! :)
10 Oct
I was also thinking about PRO+ but I'm not sure. I like the idea of the full programs. hummm something to consider.
Me_thumb
15 Posts
Oct 10, 2014 4:02am

Hi Everyone!

Phew! My abs and legs are burning now after the Brazilian Booty workout, but that's good, right?!?!! - So far, I've managed to do at least one workout a day over the past 3 days.....let's hope I don't get bored and stop!  I've splurged out and gone Pro+ as well.  I started doing Pro+ earlier in the year and found it really good...the reminders are great and I find it keeps you rather motivated. Unfortunately, I didn't keep it up for one reason or another!  - I'm currently quitting the cigarettes and am finding that I'm gaining a bit of 'pudgy' weight too....not great when your trying to loose post-operation weight-gain, but I'm finding that I feel a lot better off the ciggies. I weakened the other day and had 2x cigs, but hadn't had one for 2 weeks prior. Now, I'm back on the quit wagon! :)  So, instead of smoking, I figure it's better to move my flubby butt - Hence my recent re-joining to Skimble!!! LOL! ;)

10 Oct
Lol...good for you Tracy! I did the Brazilian Booty too and loved it. It's hard to stay motivated but knowing that you have other women who are in it with you is motivating especially when you get alerts on what workout they completed. I don't think you will get bored. Every session is something new. Then you can move to the next level. Casual, moderate then intense. let's keep moving girls!
10 Oct
Woohoo!!!! LOL! After 3 days I'm already finding that I can do some of the exercises easier than on day 1 and now I can really push myself with them. I've always been rather flexible (used to do gym & ballet....umm, many, many moons ago) and I'm already starting to find my flexibility again! So far, I'm not bored!!!!!!! OK, time to shake my flubby butt and take it for a walk! LOL!
10 Oct
Right... I just Schedualled in this Brazilian booty workout that everyone's talking about for tomorrow (saturday) morning! Wish me luck girls! Hopefully I'll get thru it!! Im loving all this motivation! Every 5mins i get an alert from skimble on my phone which is awesome to pester me into doing a workout! Loving it!!
10 Oct
The Brazilian Booty workout is great. I combine it with a 10 min Ab workout. At first it's easy but after 5 min my legs and butt are crying.
Image_thumb
1 Post
Oct 10, 2014 1:16pm
via Android

Hi,
Newbie as well looking for workout buddies :-)

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Oct 22, 2014 1:46am
via Android

Hi everyone! Just checking on everyone's progress. Let keep moving and motivating each other. =)

22 Oct
Well guys & gals, I'm really happy with my 'little' bit of progress so far - I'm becoming rather addicted to Skimble! I love seeing what others are doing & I find that motivates me! I am even starting to feel guilty when I don't do a workout each day....even if it's just a short one. In just 2 weeks I've noticeably toned up already! I've had some family & friends already comment on how great I look & asking if I've lost weight. My clothes are looser & I'm feeling quite good! I have an hour-glass figure & already,...
22 Oct
Yep, I've been a slacker! My life got super busy so I've been a bit MIA! Will try to get back on the bandwagon this weekend I think! How are you going Glasel?
Image_thumb
51 Posts
Oct 22, 2014 6:23am
via Android

I got the s5 too! Lol

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Nov 4, 2014 11:17pm
via Android

Hi ladies, just touching base. Love seeing those of you who have been hitting it hard. I had to slow down because I pulled a muscle and the doctor told me to take two weeks off the isolated upper body workouts. In his terms I got a rotary cuff injury. (Sigh)
Let's keep moving and motivating! =)

06 Nov
Oh noooo Glasel! Ouch! Yep, try to take it easy on the upper body. :( I've been a bit busy, so have dropped back but will be back into it soon! The clothes are getting looser, so I'm determined to keep it up! :)
Image_thumb
1 Post
Nov 5, 2014 2:41pm
via Android

Hello I'm also from Australia and just new on here looking for friends to keep me motivated :)

06 Nov
Hi Janelle! Welcome! I'm in Melbourne (ahhh, sunny one day, snowing the next!!) - I've been using Skimble for about 3-4 weeks now & I'm finding the workouts are good with some great motivation from others too....I follow a few people & get notification when they have worked out, so I find that keeps me going too. :)
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 6, 2014 3:00pm
via Android

Hi well I guess I'm more newbie than all the girls in this post, so Hi...noce to meet you, also want to join becuase is easier to do this with someone to keep you 'motivated' or at least to make you feel that you are not alone.

11 Nov
Hi Pilar! I'm a relative newbie also! I'm a tad naughty some days & don't always do workouts....so I need motivating too! If we can all motivate and encourage each other, we will get there!! :)
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Jan 8, 2015 1:46am
via Android

Happy New Year everyone! Just touching base and seeing how everyone is doing. I'm not going to lie, but I slacked off for over two weeks. Such a foodie especially during the holiday season. I'm back on track...I'm on Day 3 of starting my workouts again. Let's keep moving and motivating. =)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51