Why arent I losing weight?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
58 Posts
Oct 10, 2014 9:38pm
via Android

I dont understand, ive been dieting and exercising and I actually ended up gaining weight by the end of the week than losing. I hate this. Its so discouraging. I sometimes just want to give up. I mean ive been doing this for 6 weeks and ive only lost 1.5lbs. I mean this is ridiculous. What im I doing wrong? Could you somebody give me some feedback please?

10 Oct
Muscle weighs more then fat so you might not see major weight loss but you should see a size change.
10 Oct
When u say 'dieting' what do you mean? Some diet foods are actually really bad for you. Generally when something is low fat it's high in sugar. A lot of people don't realise that fat is GOOD. Sugar and refined carbs are bad. Keep a food diary for a week and you might discover that some of your good foods aren't all that good after all. If you can have a nutritionist look at your food plans they will be able to help.
10 Oct
How many calories are you eating daily? How many are you burning?
10 Oct
Well, im eating mainly 1800 calories a day. I exercise for 1 hour cardio everyday. I mainly eat meat cheese and butter or mayo on wheat bread three times per day. And 3 snacks of 200 calories or less a day. But the snacks do consist of cookies or crackers. I like to indulge. Is that really bad? Oh and I drink coffee with sweetener in the morning and sweet iced tea all thruout the day. I drink probably like 5 glasses of sweet iced tea a day.
10 Oct
And Ive gained inches and weight.
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Oct 10, 2014 11:36pm
via Android

I'd track your calorie intake & exercise with an app like Lose It! Or Myfitnesspal. Then get a measuring tape and measure your waist, thighs, etc because you might be losing more fat than you think. Inches lost show results better than a scale. Also, drink enough water and even lemon water so you don't carry too much extra water weight.

10 Oct
I do. I log everything on myfitness pal. As soon as I eat I log it in. Without fail. I also do 1 hour cardio a day. I dont know. I dont know why its not working. I eat about 1800 calories a day.
11 Oct
Have you tried to measure your inches? If you've been working out and creating a caloric deficit then I bet you've lost a good amount of inches.
11 Oct
Nope. I just measured myself and ive gained actually. I mean in the past week which is when I did all my diet and exercise.
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Oct 10, 2014 11:56pm
via Android

Maybe try focusing on fruits and vegetablesAlso, you'd be surprised to see how much sugar in something like sweet tea adds up to beTry not sweetening tea, or only using a little bit.

11 Oct
Yeah thanks. Ill have to try doing that.
11 Oct
Muscle weighs three times the same amount of fat. I have been working out / playing sport/ do half marathon etc. My fitness has increase tremendously but just 2 kg less ever since I started a year ago.so nothing to he discouraged , as long as your fitness is increasing you are doing it right.
11 Oct
Yeah. I guess your right. My husband just got home after being away for three weeks and he said I looked good. So I guess its working.
Image_thumb
612 Posts
Oct 11, 2014 7:28am
via Android

Measure to monitor changes rather than weigh.  Scales don't account for muscle gain.  The tape measure will give you a good idea as to how your body is changing.  As long as you are maintaining a calorie deficit you will be making progress

11 Oct
I hope so. Ill keep track of it.
1005798_1374997972728741_1182708093_n_thumb
1 Post
Oct 11, 2014 1:24pm
via Android

Actually do you know 3200 calories are in a pound maybe try to lower calories just a little

11 Oct
Yeah, I thought I shouldve so yesterday I started eating 1600 calories instead of 1800 calories per day. I hope it helps. Ill try reducing 200 calories a week until I eat 1200 calories a day. I heard something like that is what bodybuilders do to train. Then they inrease it like 400 to 500 calories extra a day and start reducing again every week.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51