1600 calories a day

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
58 Posts
Oct 14, 2014 1:28am
via Android

Who has been able to stick to a 1600 calories or less a day? Who weigh more than 200lbs. I mean I was doing really good eating 1800 calories a day but then I reduced it to 1600 calories last thursday and this is still the day I havent kept it. Im always so hungry. I just want to eat and eat. Anybody else with the same problem? And what did you end up doing?

Image_thumb
166 Posts
Oct 14, 2014 1:56am
via Android

I currently do 1600 a day and weigh 193lbs.  I've been losing about 1 to 1 and a half pounds per week. But I also eat more on workout days.  For example, if I burn 200 calories doing cardio then I'll aim for 1800 calories minus the 200 burned and you're still at 1600. Otherwise you'll be starving and your body will start to store fat.

14 Oct
Maybe your right. I might be starving myself. I used to lose more weight when I was eating 1800 calories a day. And doing the same exercises I do daily. Thanks.
Image_thumb
166 Posts
Oct 14, 2014 1:58am
via Android

Also foods high in protein and fiber will keep you feeling full longer. Hope this helps

14 Oct
Well yes, I eat a lot wheat things. I eat three wheat sandwiches with meat, cheese and veggies. I also eat fruits everyday. But im still hungry.
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Oct 14, 2014 2:04am
via iOS
It's gonna depend a lot on your fitness/activity level. The more fiberous foods you eat, the better. Try upping your vegetable intake. Fibrous Vegetables can be very filling, especially since they are so low calorie so that means you can eat a lot of it!
14 Oct
I do eat lots of fiber a day but im still hungry. I guess that it msy be because of all the execises I do per day. Im mainly walking all day long. Im always on my feet, doing errands and stuff. I also do one or two exercises from the app about 5 days a week. Do you think im starving myself and storing fat instead?
Image_thumb
58 Posts
Oct 14, 2014 11:09pm
via Android

Well you know guys, you were right. I started eating cleaner without the sweet tea, cookies, crackers, butter, mayo, or sugar. I started eating more fiber and I am fuller. Sometimes I cant finish my whole meal. Its awesome. And im still under 1600 calories for the day. Thank you. I appreciate it.

16 Oct
Or maybe, just stop counting calories and start focusing on portions/types of food you eat? Counting calories works for some people but not for others. Oh, and I'd recommend checking out Pauline Nordin's "fighter diet" for inspiration of types of food to eat. She's pretty extreme though lol.
16 Oct
I dont know. I mean its worked before yeah. But I tried it right before starting counting calories. But, I couldnt keep up with it. I cant really remember what happened but I was eating like every hour cause I was so hungry. When one day I counted the calories I was eating, it was over 4thousand calories in one day. I was eating very small meals but high in calories. So I just quit that diet. Counting calories seem to be working ok sometimes, its just its a very slow weightloss.
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Oct 16, 2014 12:03am
via iOS
If you're burning a lot more calories then you take in,then I'd say 1600 is too little. I'm pretty active and there is no way I'd survive off of that amount. I eat closer to1800 a day and have maintained my weight for the past 12 years. Grains should only be making a small part of your diet. At least half of your plate should be vegetables or vegetable-like fruits (squash, avocado, tomatoes) the other half of your plate should be a mix of fruit, protein and grains. The closer a food is to its natural state, the better. Do you make smoothies a lot? If you don't, I definitely would! I probably have at least one smoothie a day.
16 Oct
So you eat close to 1800 calories a day and exercise? And that way you maintain your weight? Well im trying to lose weight, so shouldnt I eat a lot less?
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Oct 16, 2014 1:23am

I mean, I weigh 130lb. I'd say it depends on where you started. If you started your weight loss journey eating 4k a day, then even eating 1800 should cause weight loss. In the end, you're putting a lot less into your body then before. I'm just wary about people cutting a drastic amount of calories since it can back fire. theres a good chance your body will be like "hold up! What are you doing?! I think she's trying to starve me!" Then of course metabolism slows way down. Anyway, if 1600 is hard to stick to (which it is), then I'd try 1800 of good clean calories. have you tried Plyometrics or HIIT exercise yet? Definitely good for weightloss.

16 Oct
Cause I mean when I was eating 4k calories a day, I was gaining about 20lbs in less than 2 months. And at 1800 calories a day I lose on average about 0.5lbs a week. How many calories then should I be eating to lose about 2lbs a week. I do calisthenics or cardio about 3 to 4 times a week. For about half an hour a day.
16 Oct
Ummm...that would be about 1400 calories a day I believe.
16 Oct
Ok. Ill try that. That sounds better. I want to see results every week on the scale. Thanks.
Image_thumb
58 Posts
Oct 16, 2014 2:02am
via Android

Ive been noticing that when I stick to my 1600 calories a day I lose about a lb a day. But as soon as I eat more than that I gain it right back. But it seems that 1400 to 1600 calories a day must be the key for me losing weight. Thank you guys. Youve been a lot of help. Ive been trying to figure out what can work for me and if I wasnt using this app with my other apps and you guys I couldnt have figured it out without you guys. Im new at this whole diet thing and there are so many diets out there that it can be overwhelming. Thanks to you guys, you have made ut easier for me. I appreciate it.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51