Bananas

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
64 Posts
Oct 15, 2014 2:15pm
via Android

When I have a shake in the morning I usually put 1/2 a banana in it but recently someone told me to cut out bananas since its more a starch than fruit. Thoughts anyone?

15 Oct
I was told by doctor that banana is the only fruit you can live off...heard lot of good things about banana's over other fruit
15 Oct
Thanks Matt
Image_thumb
166 Posts
Oct 15, 2014 8:04pm
via Android

I've often wondered the same thing.  Bananas are high in carbs and sugar, but on the good side one large banana has 3 grams of fiber, 15% of the recommended daily vitamin C and alot of potassium which is very hard to get in a natural diet.  Personally, I don't get enough fruit as is and I LOVE bananas so they aren't going to leave my kitchen anytime soon.  I usually have one everyday and I like to eat them before workouts to take advantage of the carb/sugar boost.  Hope this helps :-)

15 Oct
Benefits of bananas totally outweigh the negatives! Agree with previous comment. I have a banana every morning. Bananas are essential for those with low blood pressure! Good for potassium and aid sleep
15 Oct
Helps a lot... Thanks
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Oct 15, 2014 8:17pm
via iOS
The starch comment isn't entirely true. If you leave them to ripen e.g the outer skin go brown, the starch changes to simple sugars (which is why they get sweeter). Thousands of bodybuilders can't be wrong! They only ever tend to have about one a day though unless bulking
15 Oct
15 Oct
Do you like bananas Michael? If so eat them! They're hardly going to kill you :)
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Oct 16, 2014 12:08am
via Android

I heard that 1 banana (and only that 1 banana)  enough to get you through 40 min of a hard/ intense workout.. so maybe it is? 

16 Oct
I've heard that too
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Oct 18, 2014 3:10pm
via Android

I hate bananas :(:(

18 Oct
LOL plenty of other good stuff out there!
Image_thumb
327 Posts
Oct 18, 2014 3:40pm
via Android

Bananas are a super food,forget weight,try to eat healthy with lots of exercise

18 Oct
Thank you...!!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51