What to work on at the gym??

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
73 Posts
Oct 15, 2014 7:39pm
via Android

Hi everyone. So im very new to this. Stopped smoking 5 weeks ago. Joined the gym and im very eager and positive about it all. Im just over whealmed with everything im reading on the net regarding the right way to excercise/eat...i.e not over doing, resting muscles, lifting heavy weights blah blah blah. I just dont really know what to work on when at the gym?? i.e. one muscle grp at a time or an all over body each time?? Wish i could afford a PT but there way too expensive. This app is great but wouldn't really use it in the gym.

15 Oct
Work on cardio first then strength and condition
Image_thumb
73 Posts
Oct 15, 2014 7:56pm
via Android

Yeah im warming up on treadmill or rower etc. Then targetting arms, abs, legs & bums (i really want a bigger butt thats my goal) but have lost enough weight so have to be careful with too much cardio. But should i work on one area of my body at a time like upper body then lower to give muscles time to repair. Everything just seems a bit confusing! And dont want to be doing all this hardwork (becoz i have for 4 weeks) and see no results?

Icon_missing_thumb
83 Posts
Oct 15, 2014 8:04pm
via Android

Warm up with light cardio and then I tend to focus on muscle groups. But for a bigger bum I would do squats squats and more squats. Be patient it will take time to see results. Then after your workout stretch. If you want I would love to be your workout partner.

15 Oct
I have been doing walking lunges with weights and squats with a barbell. But can i do this everytime i go gym which is 3 times per week and then i also would like to do some evening butt work at home on the non gym days, maybe butt work overload though a?? Lol
15 Oct
Yeah you can do it every other day or so. Unless your going really heavy weight you don't need ad long of a recovery time. If you want to do a good but workout at home do what's called the fire hydrant. You get on all fours like a dog and lift your leg keeping it positioned at 90 degrees like your a dog peeing on a fire hydrant. Do that 100 times each leg. It will work.
15 Oct
Thats exactly what i was doing today and it was a killer! Im only using upto 10kg weights. Ok ty
15 Oct
No problem if you have any questions message me. I'd love to be your workout/motivation partner.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51