I fail at every diet

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Oct 16, 2014 1:32pm
via Android

So, every time i try to keep a diet, i end up starving myself or eating close to nothing for days.i lose weight very fast and hunger doesnt even bother me anymore.but when i try to start adding back to my diet, after i start being happy with my body i start eating uncontrolable and put all the waight back.i know that what i am doing is wrong, but im always failing at doing it "the healthy way" and when i have those starving periods not being hungry just feels wrong.i just start thinking like an anorexic and feel guilty for eating anything.its a cliche ive been in for years now.any advice?

16 Oct
Yes do the hcg diet. You get to practically starve for 21 or 40 days. Losing about a pound a day. You are technically eating 500 calories. Quick loss, stays off longer. Then as you reset your mind you eat only healthy things. If you're going to binge, binge on something healthy
16 Oct
Never diet. It won't work. Just eat clean and healthy. Never restrict you veggies and fruits go crazy with those. Add some healthy proteins (chicken breast, turkey, fish, tofu, eggs) and some whole grains and you should be fine. You should never be hungry!
17 Oct
Agree totally with Anna B. Deleshia - worst advice ever, it's never 'quick loss, stays longer' if you starve for a month it's very hard to start eating healthy afterwards and basicly whatever you eat - your body will try to store it as fat to protect itself from the next starvation period
19 Oct
Diets are stupid. I have so far lost 16kgs since mid June. There is no magic bullet except the 2 key ingredients for weight loss. Eat less, move more. When I say eat less it also means cut out the really bad stuff. Sugary drinks, bread, fast and convenience foods. Eat good food just eat smaller amounts of it. Crash diets send your body into famine mode so when you go back to eating normally the body goes "damn better store up some extra energy just in case food gets scarce again". So watch your portions, concentrate on eating good...
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Oct 16, 2014 2:34pm
via Android

Starving yourself will obviously make you loose the weight but when you start eating you will eat more than you usually do.  And when you stop eating your body goes into starvation mode too... why dont you just eat more greens,  and drink a lot of water cut out on the snacks and sugary foods..

Image_thumb
1 Post
Oct 16, 2014 2:48pm
via iOS
Sharon has great advice. You have to stop the starve then binge cycle. Don't diet... Change your eating habits!  Starve your body and it will cannabilize itself. You will lose muscle. Not the way you want to do it. 5 to 6 small meals a day. More greens and proteins. Stay away from white foods and sugary foods. It takes more time than starvation. But it is the right way and the true only way to take weight off (fat) and keep it off. Don't diet... Change your lifestyle and eating habits!  You can do it!
16 Oct
Yeah, plus studies have indicated that going on "diets" don't work. Diets are temporary. Even if you do stick to it, when it's over the results won't last. You don't want to diet. You want to make subtle, simple changes to your everyday eating habits. Don't even try to do it perfectly right away. For me, I started with cutting out anything that comes in a box. Just one change. I'm not overwhelming myself. I've already seen results. When I'm confident that I've made that a habit, then I'll add something else. Take one step at a time. Your results...
16 Oct
Thank you very much.your advice was really heplful :D
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Oct 17, 2014 6:46am
via iOS
Check out IIFYM (if it fits your macros) and IF (intermittent fasting) both of these you can eat sweets as long as it stays within your calories for the day. IF you fast for a certain amount of hours then consume what cals you need for the day in an eating window. For example find out how many cals you need to consume a day download my fitness pal. Then fast for like 16 hours and consume your calories within an 8 hours. Boom. It's worked for a lot of people and you don't have to eat super clean all the time and binge out on foods for cheat days or whatever. Good luck.
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 17, 2014 7:55am
via iOS
Like some of the above said diets are temporary. If you do go on a diet it should be one that just gets you into a habit of eating healthy and regularly. Kick start the rest of your life diet by going on one that basically just gives you lots of recipies and good ideas for proper meals and snack ideas. These types have really helped me I don't follow them to a t rather use them as inspiration. Then you get into habits and makes it much easier to stick to a healthy diet as a lifestyle. Also I find following lots of healthy food people on social media helps you get cravings for what they are posting rather then bad cravings. Hope you find something helpful :)
Image_thumb
117 Posts
Oct 17, 2014 7:55pm
via Android

try paleo

and DONT THIS OF IT AS A DIET

society programmed us to believe dieting is wrong and that's just not true dieting was abused and labeled negatively but if you plan ahead for your week you can get all the meals you need while on a specific dietary regimen like paleo

and always have 1 cheat day a week where you eat what you like. it's worked for me I lost 20 pounds (which was my goal)

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Oct 18, 2014 7:49am
via iOS
Then don't diet!! Just eat healthier. look at what you eat every day and begin to cross off the crap and replace it with something healthier. As you begin to get used to and enjoy the healthier food you'll also begin to notice that you're losing weight. Most diets fail because they are too extreme, I started by simply changing one meal a day (my evening meal) to something healthy, then I did the same for lunch etc etc etc. when eating healthy becomes a lifestyle rather than a 'challenge' or 'program' it becomes easier to stick to... And cheat meals become HEAVEN!
Image_thumb
327 Posts
Oct 18, 2014 10:37am
via Android

Hi,diets never work,anything that tells you,what,when,how much is someone else in control,not you,we have cravings,some people worse than others.I read the Paul McKenna book and cd I can make you thin,its not a diet,its about putting you in control,seeing things differently,and why we comfort eat,how to get rid of cravings forever,its really works for me,and anyone interested in this way of thinking to a healthier and happier future as well as exercise plan,i will be starting a support group,because if our heads right the body will follow,good luck guys x

20 Oct
I love Paul McKenna plus you get a hypnosis's with it

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51