What's your opinion on IIFYM and IF

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Oct 17, 2014 6:50am
via iOS
So reverse dieting is a new way to get lean and still eat what you want as long as it fits your macros. Yay or nay? I've also been fascinated with IF. I tried it for a couple days and just hated feeling bitchy and hungry. I did t try it long enough to see results nor did I keep up with how many calories I needed to eat to get lean/lose weight. Educated Opinions?
17 Oct
Btw, dont think you need to drop any pounds..
19 Oct
I've gained 15 + pounds since I've been on here I look nothing like my pictures. I've quit working out these past couple months and gained all this weight quickly lol damn it took forever to get fit and you can lose it just like that.
19 Oct
I know what it's like to not have the time to work out. IF takes discipline similar to working out, it gets easier
19 Oct
Easier the longer you stick with it. Have a look at a guy called michael mosley. He made a documentary on the 5:2 diet. Have a look and let me know what you think.
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Oct 17, 2014 11:53am
via Android

Hi kaylyn, i tried IF for about 6 months and found it great when i was stuck behind a desk. Had take a few adjustments along the way, never fasted 2 days in a row, changed to high protein on the fasting days etc. Finished up when I changed jobs and had better balance. If you are able to eat well, exercise daily and feel well balanced there should be no need imo. Why are you looking at it?

17 Oct
Regular dieting is getting really hard for me and IF seems to be really efficient and I'd like to see some body fat come off.
17 Oct
I found it great to control body weight when i couldn't train as much, but prefer to be able to train and eat what and when i want. If you proceed, make sure you reward yourself on your food intake days. Give it a try for a month or so, see how it goes. Dont have to stick with it if it doesn't suit.
17 Oct
Keep me posted on how you go.?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51