Lose 40lbs by new years day

126 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
58 Posts
Oct 20, 2014 6:00am
via Android

I want to weigh in the 100s by new years day. I weigh 239lbs right now. I want to be the most 199 by new years day. That will make me so happy. Ive been in the 200s ever since I had my first baby. Shes going to be 4 in march. Thats a really long long time. But I want to do this with strictly diet and exercise only. No weight loss pills. I cant take them anyways cause im under medication. But thats my goal. Im starting today. Monday October 20 2014. I know its last minute but even if you guys join next week im sure it is still doable. Whos with me? We can weigh every Sunday. So if you could please join me and tell me your starting weight from the day you join. And well keep a log every Sunday like I said. Common. Lets do this. We CAN do this.

20 Oct
By the way: I only downloaded Workout Trainer this morning.
20 Oct
Oh thats ok. Its really simple. They have kickboxing videos here. Thats what im doing.
22 Oct
Hey thanks for liking the forum. Anybody else want to join? We are still fresh. Its still 10 weeks left this year to lose the 40lbs. Common guys. Lets do this.
23 Oct
Hey, I would like to join, I am a teenager, but I feel awkward when doing activities with other people. I started a few days ago exercising. 30 minutes a day. Please send me info. Thanks.
23 Oct
Yes, absolutely. You are more than welcome. Follow Janet F. To be able to get on the spreadsheet.
Image_thumb
612 Posts
Oct 20, 2014 7:56am
via Android

You should consider doing Insanity.  My wife has done it almost 3 times now.  She lost 56lb first time round.  Be warned... It is seriously tough and you really need to WANT to do it.

Bear in mind that you do not need to be in shape to start this.  But you will be by the end

20 Oct
Nah. Shaun T is too hard for me. Id rather work with billy blanks or charlene. Ive done charlean extreme before and it did wonders for me. I went from a size 16 to a size 8 in two weeks. And lost 10lbs. But beachbody does have lots of great videos. I would also like to try les mills pump.
20 Oct
I am on my 2nd go through PiYo which is great and more importantly low impact. Worth a look
20 Oct
Yeah. Maybe. Ill check it out.
18 Nov
Where can i find charlene exyteme hun?
21 Nov
You can find charlean extreme at beachbody.com Eliza. Youll find all sorts of workout videos there. Youll also find insanity and P90X3. Youll love it.
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Oct 20, 2014 2:43pm
via Android

I will join you. I currently weigh 190.

20 Oct
Yay. Great! Welcome. Welcome.
20 Oct
Whats your plan on losing the weight?
Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Oct 20, 2014 2:49pm
via Android

Hi, Katharine:

I might be in. What's your plan? I've kinda been working on one for myself over the past 3 weeks. I've observed my habits and tried to determine at what times of the day I am willing and able to exercise. This morning I considered: Starting to count my calories (intake). I would also like to lose some weight... and it would be nice to have a buddy to do it with (hint, hint).

Again, what is your plan of action? I hope to hear from you soon!

20 Oct
Well thanks for thinking of joining. Welcome. My plan is simple but strict. Low calorie diet. No more than 1500 calories a day and exercise for at least 45 minutes with tae bo videos with billy blanks. I have a ton of videos. Im planning on exercising at least 5 days a week. Ive done this before and I lost 48 lbs in 3 weeks. Ofcourse, eating clean, clean, clean. Hardly any salt or sugar. I started this 2 days ago again. I started with a weight of 241.8lbs. Today I weigh 238.4lbs. In just 2 days. So good luck...
Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Oct 20, 2014 3:04pm
via Android

Cheryl:

Let's stay in touch, I might also join! We could keep track of our progress via a shared document (maybe a Google document). I can create it and send the link to everyone who joins via message... but only if you and Katherine like the idea. I'll explain how shared documents work, if you're not familiar with them.

Let me know.

20 Oct
Yeah totally. But I dont know how it works. Also how much do you weigh?
20 Oct
I'm willing to do it. The shared documents is great for tracking our progress
20 Oct
We can share our measurements also thru the google document.
20 Oct
Just off the scale: 152 lbs. :-(. That is (if I remember correctly) 10-15 lbs. more than when I finished my college Kinesiology course in Dec. 2013.
20 Oct
Wow. Thats great. Thats my ideal weight.
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Oct 20, 2014 3:21pm
via Android

Thanks I'm in and the shared document would be great to track our progrez5

20 Oct
Absolutely. Keep ourselves accountable.
20 Oct
Yay, for Google document! I am working on it right now. What body measurements should I include for us to keep track of?
20 Oct
My main ones are waist, lower waist, hips and thigh.
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Oct 20, 2014 3:54pm
via Android

Progress

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Oct 20, 2014 3:56pm
via Android

Waist
Arm
Thighs
Hips

20 Oct
Ok. That sounds good.
Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Oct 20, 2014 6:00pm

Okay, I created the shared Google spreadsheet.

It contains 3 easy steps describing how to use it.

I sent it to Katherine via message. Cheryl am trying to send it to you, but I can't create a message with you as the recipient. I wonder if it is because you are not following me. I am new to this (just downloaded today).

Please let me know how y'all would like to make this link available to others. :-)

If you are reading this and would like to JOIN US: please reply. We'd like to hear from you!

P.S. You do not have to have a Google account to update your progress; however, I think you do need to have a Google account to add the protection (see Step 2). If so, creating a Google account is fast and easy. Also: If I'm not mistaken, you might be able to link your non-Google e-mail account to the document.

20 Oct
Hi Janet I am now following you
20 Oct
Hey Janet. I found the spreadsheet but im having trouble writing anything down on it. How does it work?
20 Oct
What are your emails so that I can share with you guys?
20 Oct
Idk janet. I just created a new spreadsheet for me cause I didnt know how to work yours. Give me your email so that you can see it. Mine is kmbalcacer@gmail.com
20 Oct
Katherine: I manually added your e-mail and you should be able to edit the spreadsheet without a problem now. Would you be willing to give it one more shot, please? It would be nice if we could all work off the same spreadsheet. Cheryl: Did you have trouble accessing the document too? If so, could you send me your e-mail via a private message? I'll manually add your e-mail as well. Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/118xs_DIdaStQwXeKjiQRX9QEN8l-WHF-4lYL904dIT0/edit?usp=sharing
Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Oct 20, 2014 7:05pm

Are you having trouble writing something inside your table (Rows 23-30)?

To test your table double click in column "B" row "24".

P.S. I protected/locked rows 1-22 for the sake of preserving the spreadsheet's content/instructions. Did I leave something out in 1-22?

20 Oct
Yeah. I cant write anything anywhere on your spreadsheet. Idk what happened.
Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Oct 20, 2014 7:35pm

Did you log in with your Google account? Try logging in with a Google account to use this spreadsheet (I logged off and tested the spreadsheet anonymously and I was able to make changes).

31 Oct
Hi guys, sorry I've been mia. There have been much going on. My granma is hospitalized and the diagnosis is not good. Two days ago I got into a car accident, I'm ok just aches and some pain. No workouts for the last two days but trying my best to stuck to healthy clean eating as much as possible. My stress levels are through the roof. I'm a stress eater so this is very challenging.
01 Nov
Im so sorry you are going thru all of this. I hope you guys get better. You shouldnt worry so much about your diet or exercise. You should focus on getting destressed and on your grandmother. Dot worry so much. You can always start later. There are more important things to worry about. We will always be here for you. Dont worry. Take care of yourself.
05 Nov
I would like to do this if it is not too late.....im at 200 pds. Need to lose 30/40 pds due to knee and hip problems. I use to be 145/150 (my ideal weight when I was in the military)
05 Nov
Absolutely Jessica. Welcome. we would love to see your results. We started about two weeks ago and ive already lost 2 sizes. I was a size 18 and now im a size 14. Theres still a lot of time left to make a change by new years day. If you could follow Janet F. So that she can send you the google spreadsheet. Please do use it. I always get excited to see everyones progress.
05 Nov
Thank God!!! I thought I was going crazy because I couldn't see any of my posts, lol. I am following Janet F. And now just waiting on my spreadsheet! !!#!
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 20, 2014 8:55pm
via iOS
I would like to join in too! My weight is currently 228 pounds! Can you send me the Google spread too! I live in Middle East so it's bed time now. Will update the doc tomm! Thank you!:)
20 Oct
Well, welcome. Talk to you tomorrow.
20 Oct
Hi, Sonam: Welcome! This is the link to the Googlel spreadsheet where we will track our progress: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/118xs_DIdaStQwXeKjiQRX9QEN8l-WHF-4lYL904dIT0/edit?usp=sharing If you have trouble adding your information, please send me your e-mail and I will manually add you as an editor of the document. Let me know if you have questions.
20 Oct
P.S. Send me your e-mail via a private message if you have trouble adding your information.
Image_thumb
58 Posts
Oct 22, 2014 1:09am
via Android

Hey guys, hows everything going?
Janet how are you doing with the diet?
Cheryl are you still joining the spreadsheet? I wanted to see your progress as we go along.
Sonam, did you decide to join us? Did you give Janet your email so that she can add you to the spreadsheet?

22 Oct
Hi Katherine, I am doing well. Met my cal. intake! I am not on a diet though, remember? I'm making some changes to daily habits, and the perk is: I'll lose some lbs. ...isn't that what we're pumped up about (because we'd like to transform our lives)? I am excited to hear from so many new people, yay! :-)
22 Oct
Your totally right. We are making changes to transform our lives. Its a lifestyle change, right?
22 Oct
Your totally right.
24 Oct
I tried emailing it to you but I couldnt find it. This is what I wrote Janet I have support from my gaurdian and help from them eating better. She is my grandmother and her name is Darlene MacDonaldMy starting weight is 180 and I want to reach at least 140, it would be awesome if I got to 130. I want to lose all of my extra fat. 
24 Oct
I gained a 3 pounds. Must be water weight because I haven't eaten any sweets the last couple of days.I take a med that gives me the munchies.it is easier to resist with a support system.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Oct 22, 2014 3:17am
via Android

Hi!  I liked to join as well if it's not too late!!  My starting weight is 180.

22 Oct
Welcome! I sent you the link to the spreadsheet via message. Please reply.
Image_thumb
1 Post
Oct 22, 2014 3:48am
via Android

Id like to join too. Where can I get a hold of that document?

22 Oct
Welcome! I sent you the link to the spreadsheet via message. Please reply.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 22, 2014 4:38am
via iOS
Hi I know I'm a bit late but I would like to join. Could you send me the info please?
22 Oct
Welcome! I sent you the link via message. Please reply.
22 Oct
I'm having trouble replying to you. It says I can't reply to you unless you're following me.
22 Oct
I started following you now. TY for letting me know.
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 22, 2014 1:35pm
via iOS
I'm in!
22 Oct
Hi, Andi, I started following you. Could you please follow me back so that I can message you the link? I look forward to hearing from you soon! :-)
22 Oct
Image_thumb
58 Posts
Oct 22, 2014 8:17pm
via Android

Hey guys I think im back. I thought skimble kicked me out cause I thought they wanted me to go pro. But I think everything is ok now. How is everyone?

23 Oct
Glad to see you back!
23 Oct
Thank you. That was a big scare for me.
Image_thumb
58 Posts
Oct 22, 2014 8:19pm
via Android

Welcome all the new people. Im so excited.

Image_thumb
58 Posts
Oct 22, 2014 11:11pm
via Android

Im so excited, im losing inches like crazy. Ive already lost 2.5 inches in just 3 days. Im so happy. Going on the right direction. Yay.

23 Oct
That's amazing! :D
23 Oct
Thank you.
Image_thumb
58 Posts
Oct 22, 2014 11:13pm
via Android

Is anybody having problems getting on the spreadsheet? Please let us know so that Janet can hopefully help you guys out. Im excited to see your progress.

27 Oct
I would like to join
27 Oct
Welcome Adna. Please follow Janet F. So that can send you the link to the google spreadsheet.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Oct 22, 2014 11:16pm
via Android

Hi, I would like to join too. I weigh 209.

22 Oct
I would love to Join , am at 230 today 10/22/14
22 Oct
Sorry that I wrote on the wrong place:(
22 Oct
Yay. Welcome both. Can you guys follow Janet F. So that she can send you the google spreadsheet. Please use it. Im excited to see yalls progress. Thank you.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Oct 22, 2014 11:36pm
via Android

I would love to join, am at 230 today 10/22

Image_thumb
38 Posts
Oct 23, 2014 12:32am
via Android

Hi,
I would love to join if y'all don't mind. I have already lost 20 lbs but I've fallen off the wagon because I don't have anyone to celebrate with or motivate me.

I'm at 146 right now and I'd like to get down to 115-120

23 Oct
Thats super awesome. Welcome.
23 Oct
Thank you!!
23 Oct
Ive lost 7lbs myself in the last 2 months. Slowly but surely. Im happy.
23 Oct
Its taken me about 3 months to drop it. And that's through diet alone. I'd rather drop it slowly so it stays off and even if I have cheat days or "weekends" I don't gain it back.
23 Oct
Thats my idea. I was planning on exercising too but id rather not eat the extra calories. Its a little slow but I am losing quite a few inches pretty fast. It is better to do it slowly. One time a few years ago it took me 3 years to lose 60lbs. But it was so worth it. I gained it all back though after I had my daughter so here I go again. And ive lost 32lbs since summer of 2012. Im happy.
Image_thumb
1 Post
Oct 23, 2014 1:00am
via Android

Hey!  New on this- joined today lol and just came across this post  I'd like to join (: I'm currently. 143 lbs want to hopefully get to atleast 123lbs by  newyears

23 Oct
Welcome. You can totally do this.
27 Oct
I'd like to join. I'm at 286 would like to be at about 240 if not less
27 Oct
Thats great. Lets start.
27 Oct
What do I do?
27 Oct
Well, lets start by you following Janet F. So that she can send you the link to the google spreadsheet. That way we can track down our progress. Then choose a weightloss method of your liking. Just try eating clean and exercising at leadt 3 times a week. You can choose to work out with one of the workouts here at workout trainer. They are awesome.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51