Sit ups

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
327 Posts
Oct 23, 2014 8:41am
via Android

When doing situps I hurt my neck back,is it better to buy a device which u rest ur head or not,also have been hurt kicked in the back few years back from ex who did karate

23 Oct
No support your back with your hands not head it will hurt more. Better still avoid workout that hurt your back
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Oct 23, 2014 2:44pm
via Android

I have a hard time with sit ups too. I just avoid them and do other abdominal exercises. I like leg lifts, plank, bicycle and scissors just to name a few. Also I have a small ball that I use you put it behind your lower back/tail bone and sit back as far as you can than come back up, it helps take the strain off my neck and neck.:)  there's also other ab exercises you can do with it too. Idk if you ever seen one or tried one but i love my little ball. Lol They sell it at walmart, it looks like the stability balls only much smaller.:)

23 Oct
Image_thumb
26 Posts
Oct 23, 2014 7:00pm
via Android

Maybe it hurts because, you are trying to initiate the situp using the momentum of your neck. Keep your neck neutral during the entire movement. Check if that helps.

Image_thumb
155 Posts
Oct 23, 2014 8:08pm
via Android

Do Planks instead of sit ups...

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 23, 2014 8:52pm
via Android

If you still want to do sit ups after you neck/back feels better then try crossing your arms over your chest.  That will help with using more stomach muscles verse pulling on you head causing pain to the neck/back. And if you goto a gym, they normally have machines that help you too.

300x300_thumb
168 Posts
Oct 23, 2014 9:31pm
via Android

Ok, here's the thing. Sit UPS workout tone your mid section.

You: have a bad back and neck.

Answer: implement out workouts that is less stressful on your neck and back that targets your core.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51