I'm working out and gaining weight

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
33 Posts
Oct 24, 2014 3:33am
via Android

I'm 5 feet 130 lbs steady, I can't stand it. I upped my work outs from 1 work out session a day 4 days a week to 3 a day 5 days a week, and barely eating anything. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Plus I gained 2lbs and didn't even eat anything that day. How do you gain weight when you don't even eat?

24 Oct
Most the time you will gain a little before you lose. It's your muscles billing under the fat. Give it a couple of weeks and you'll start to see you desired results. Don't starve your self thoufh. Or your body will go into starvation mode and you'll start gaining wait rather than losing it. Good luck!!!
24 Oct
You answered your own question...you've barely eaten anything! Your body will hold onto everything it can because you're not feeding it for all the hard work. If those workouts are moderate to intense you should be eating 1500-1800 calories a day, casual to no workouts you should be eating 1400-1500 a day providing you're fueling your body with good things :) less does not equal more with healthy fat loss!!
24 Oct
You should take a look at your diet. And start eating again. You will probably gain a litle in the beginig do to not eating. but it is the best way to lose your weight in a safe and healthy way! I'l be glad to help you out! How long ago was it you stoped eating?
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 24, 2014 5:17am
via iOS
Don't starve yourself. If you workout hard and don't fuel your body you train it to retain the "bad" fat. Also, maybe more cardio?
Image_thumb
55 Posts
Oct 24, 2014 5:58am
via Android

Some people say you should go by measurements instead of weight. Honestly I still weigh myself. If you're gonna stick with the scale, at least be smart about it. Don't weigh yourself daily, you'll just get frustrated. Our bodies fluctuate normally. When you do weigh yourself, preferably once every other week, do it in the morning before you eat or drink anything. Even if you didn't eat or drink all day (don't do that its just stupid) there are still lots of chemical reactions and processes going on in your body, and you're just going to get a more accurate reading of you do it right when you wake up.

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Oct 24, 2014 6:06am
via Android

Your gonna gain some weight ,  muscle weights more than fat. Try 20min. Cardiovascular and 40min. Weightlifting, see how that works ,give yourself time. I used to weigh 400lbs.

Image_thumb
33 Posts
Oct 24, 2014 6:28am
via Android

Thanks i'll work on that.

Image_thumb
33 Posts
Oct 24, 2014 6:30am
via Android

This was very helpful,thank you. I knew I was doing something wrong just didnt know what.

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Oct 24, 2014 9:32am
via Android

Glad I can help. Any other questions just ask. I have been working out for about 6 years and have helped several girls I know lose weight and get toned up :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51