How to deal with soreness

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 24, 2014 12:24pm
via Android

How do you deal with soreness when you are trying to continue to work out? I am starting to work out again and with every new work out in a different area I get very sore. I stretch before and after. It is expected but sometimes prevents me from working out the next day or even a few days afterwards. What can help??

24 Oct
Pickle juice helps,
24 Oct
Interesting Sarah... how's that?
24 Oct
I did a 10k run and when I went to get a cup to drink there was pickle juice instead of Gatorade or water so I asked the volunteer and she said its for cramps and soreness.
24 Oct
Very cool... Thanks for sharing
26 Oct
If I only didn't find pickles gross
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Oct 24, 2014 2:20pm
via Android

Lol as I'm writing my calves are trembling... they've been destroyed and I've been in pain for 2 days. But I want to pump them up. There's no way around it. You just got to deal with it. I take glutamine and I make sure to get enough protein to try and aid recovery faster. No pain no gain ;)

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Oct 24, 2014 5:23pm
via iOS
When you practise sport. You hurt your muscle fiber. (Not sur for the traduction)
The only solution is to have some rest and why not to take some whey protein to accelerate the processĀ 
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 24, 2014 5:50pm
via Android

Try doing a vascular flush. It's where you use hot and cold treatment on the area that's sore rotating between the two every 30 seconds. Massage therapy helps on a regular basis also.

300x300_thumb
168 Posts
Oct 24, 2014 6:43pm
via Android

What I have understood is that stretching AFTER your workout reduces the soreness in the following days. I won't get to much into to it but I can testify to this. Also, everyone s advice is excellent.

Image_thumb
46 Posts
Oct 26, 2014 11:09am
via iOS
Buy some magnesium bath salts & soak in that a few times a week. Magnesium is really good for sore muscles

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51