Exercise that's fun?

5 posts | Original | Recent
55 Posts
Oct 24, 2014 5:03pm
via Android

I hate working out. People keep telling me its about finding workouts that I enjoy and having fun. Well, none of it is fun. I hate being sweaty and thirsty and tired and out of breath, and I hate my heart pounding.

I don't care how much fun an activity is, as soon as it becomes exercise I no longer enjoy it.

I am well aware that I need to get the f--- over myself if I want to lose weight. But how?

24 Oct
Losing weight is simple math. Take in less calories than you expend. Expending calories requires exercise and being active. No matter how you "feel" about it if you want to lose weight and keep it off you need to do it. Once you "get over yourself" and stick at it for a few weeks those feel-good hormones will kick in and you will start to enjoy it a bit more. Good luck!
159 Posts
Oct 24, 2014 5:37pm
via Android

How about dancing? Or kickboxing? Those are fairly more interesting than the rest. There's a few workouts for that in here :)

24 Oct
Like I said though, it doesn't matter how fun or interesting something is. It's not the motion that I hate, it's the physiological side effects of motion. And then with something like zumba, where everyone and their mom is telling me how much flipping fun it is supposed to be, and then I just feel like even more of a fat loser failure when I am miserable and can't keep up. I don't need to find an exercise that I enjoy. I need to figure out how to get past this psychological barrier. I've been exercising, but I get more...
24 Oct
Yeah I can relate. Results take time. And everytime you look at pictures of motivational posters they have pictures of fitness models who on one hand inspire you and on the other hand make you think awh jeez when am I ever gonna look like that.lol. The first month is the hardest cause ur not even working out your muscles that much your heart rate gets totally out of whack before you know it. But if you give up now you will always wonder what if . This time will pass regardless. And I know how much it sucks and...
24 Oct
Thank you! That is helpful :)
24 Oct
You're welcome. I know you don't want to give up! That's why you wrote this post :) Take care.
171 Posts
Oct 24, 2014 5:47pm
via Android

What about swimming? Eliminates the sweaty part at least lol

821 Posts
Oct 24, 2014 6:08pm
via Android

If you keep working out you'll start to get thru the workout easier. Then you'll start to enjoy it. It takes a long time and if it were easy everyone would be fit like supermodels. You have to find your own reason why you want to work out or get in shape. Being fun or not shouldn't be the focus.

168 Posts
Oct 24, 2014 7:12pm
via Android

Hey Lauren,

Glad for you to ask such a good question. I'm going to be blunt and straight forward with you. You are not the only person to ever ask "how".

So you hate exercise, ok no problem. Eat healthy. 30% exercise 70% nutrition. Yes, this formula is lopsided but let me ask you this. Wouldn't you like 100% of something that you WORKED hard for, like a paycheck? I don't know about you but I would. Sames goes for your body.

You give its 30% exercise which is the hardest for most people and its 70% healthy nutrition you will see 100% of the benefits.

"I hate being sweaty and thirsty and tired and out of breath, and I hate my heart pounding"
These are all the best feelings in the world but you made it very clear that you hate them. Lastly, liposuction?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51