Consistency

13 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
23 Posts
Oct 27, 2014 1:36pm
via Android

Hi everyone, I'd like to know how to be consistent. Something I really want to do is make gradual changes and make them permanent as well. Don't like admitting it, but I get depressed easily and stressed out from college often, and I end up not staying motivated.. I want to change it.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

27 Oct
Aww Atoshee. Hang in there! We all lapse sometime. I know it's hard to pull yourself back but once you start you can get that ball rolling . Law of momentum :) Dont overwhelm yourself. Try not competing with anyone else and find a workout that you actually enjoy. It doesn't have to be hard. Fitness is more of a mental challenge than a physical one. Dance to one song you like everyday , or do a few jumping jacks everyday. Basically it shocks your body out of inertia. I recently discovered this pilates workout on xhit youtube with peppers...
28 Oct
Hi Pinky! Thanks so much for your kind words ^__^ I guess I just need to not worry so much and just have fun instead :-) and I'd love to talk to you on kik, but I don't use it anymore! At least not after it ruined my phone lol :D
28 Oct
Yeah Atoshee. I need you on this app and we need to be there for each other. U help to motivate me! :) There must be some workout you ll find fun on here. I promise :) Please be around. I need ya
28 Oct
:'-) i feel so special! I'll always be on Skimble :D
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Oct 27, 2014 1:42pm
via Android

I get tired after exercise, but I haven't seen that much improvement, and recently I even lost a few pounds from not eating enough.. :/ I'm confused about how to exercise I guess..

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Oct 27, 2014 2:21pm
via iOS
Are you wanting to lose weight or put on muscle?
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Oct 27, 2014 2:27pm
via Android

Hi, I'd like to gain some muscle. I used to be able to do it when I was younger, but nowadays I can't seem to

27 Oct
Also overall strength. I get tired really really easily (and I hate it)
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Oct 27, 2014 2:40pm
via iOS
If you get tired easy my best guess would be your diet. Maybe you should get a check-up at the Dr to ensure its not  something more serious.. I've recently finished a shred program and am starting a bulk program today.. Here's the diet from the exercise program I'm on to bulk up and build muscle.....

To build as much muscle as possible and minimize fat gain, it's important to know how many total calories to eat every day. Your caloric requirements are slightly different on training and rest days:

Nonworkout Days: 18 calories per pound of bodyweight, 7 meals per day. 

Workout Days: 20 calories per pound of bodyweight, 9 meals per day -- including pre- and post-workout nutrition.  

Of course, not all calories are created equal! Check the graphic to see the calories per gram of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. Use the calculator below to see how many calories you should be eating, as well as how many grams of each macronutrient, on both workout and non-workout days.

CALORIES FROM FOOD SOURCES

1 gram of fat = 9 calories
1 gram of protein = 4 calories
1 gram of carbohydrates = 4 calories
1 gram of alcohol = 7 calories

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Oct 27, 2014 2:40pm
via iOS
I'm skipping the alcohol bit!!!!! (Until Christmas anyway!)
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Oct 27, 2014 2:56pm
via Android

Wow, thanks for all the advice ^__^

You're totally right, I haven't been eating enough; I'll try to come up with 7-9 meals for workout and non workout days.

Do you have a quick way of understanding how many grams of food you eat in a day? (I'm completely unaware)

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Oct 27, 2014 3:12pm
via iOS
Just do the math from the info. I'm 200lbs and need to have around 3700 cals on workout days to bulk up
27 Oct
Oh, oops! I asked you even though I figured it out; I'm 100 lbs and so have to have 2000 calories on workout days...seems like a lot of food
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Oct 27, 2014 3:13pm
via iOS
If you aim to have healthy carbs, proteins and fats in every meal you can't go wrong. Don't get too hung up on the number of meals/cals etc unless you wanna compete one day. Just eat healthy, eat often and remember this is supposed to be FUN!!
27 Oct
Thanks again, Scotty :) you think if I eat more I'll exercise better? I sure am tired of how weak I feel all the time :/
Img_20141105_155809_thumb
18 Posts
Oct 27, 2014 3:49pm
Try adding a workout partner to your exercise schedule.Someone who is consistent and will get you to the gym when u dont want to...
28 Oct
Yes, that sounds like a good idea :-) I could use a partner once in a while. Thanks!
Image_thumb
82 Posts
Oct 27, 2014 5:44pm
via Android

Hey atoshee

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling sometimes! It can't be easy to spend so much time at college/studying, then still needing to find time to do some exercise. Scotty has given you some great advice already! A good diet will definitely help make you feel better physically. Mentally it can be quite hard sometimes to get the motivation you need. I go up and down a lot and have to give myself a proper telling off sometimes. However, when I get down, I try to put some music on which know gets me back up. Even if just for a little while. Perhaps you should try have a think about which songs give you a boost? There are some out there which will get your heart beating that little bit faster, I'm sure.
Aside from that, try do some short exercises at the same time every day or every couple of days. Just 3 minutes even! Something to get your blood flowing and warm you up during these colder and darker days. Either way, if you're ever struggling, just send me a little message if you like. I know I've been away for a while but I'm back and I will do my very best to keep your spirits up.

28 Oct
Awww you're so kind ^__^ thanks for your advice! I'll definitely look for some songs with a "workout vibe" ;) I'm sure it'll help me. I had loads of food today hehe, and once the weekend comes I'll make a routine to eat more and exercise at the same time everyday. Thanks a lot, J
28 Oct
*Janna! Pressed the post button too soon lol
28 Oct
That sounds like a good plan! I used to have a list on my wall :-) knowing what you're going to be doing later on in a day can also help give you a boost! Something to look forward to perhaps
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Oct 27, 2014 5:50pm
via iOS
That's just my best guess mate. Intense workouts need fuel! I'd suggest you look at the bodybuilding.com site and check out their nutrition pages. 2000 calories might sound a lot to you but you can get 500 just out of a high cal shake in the morning using peanut butter, banana, honey, milk and whey protein.
28 Oct
Hi Scotty thanks again for your advice. A high cal shake sounds like a good idea, nothing too hard to make either. once the weekend comes I'll make up a small routine ^__^ oh, btw, your workouts are awesome!! I use a couple of them and they're a lot of fun to do :-) I'm certainly feeling more encouraged now ^__^
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Oct 27, 2014 5:51pm
via iOS
I have a big problem consuming calories coz I'm not a big eater so I have two high cal drinks a day. Remember this kind of stuff is for people who take this seriously. Just have some fun! If it ain't fun it's not worth doing!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51