Feeling so discouraged

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Oct 27, 2014 5:25pm
via Android

I feel like I've been doing really well. I have been exercising consistently, eating less and trying to make better choices. But I stepped on the scale today and I'm the heaviest I've ever been. I don't know how to jump start my weight loss because nothing I do seems to be working. Any ideas???

27 Oct
Throw the scales...use a mirror! Double check your food intake and workouts .. small regular meals 6 times a say... keeping cals low 1500 and varied workouts morning and evening...when you like what the mirror says you will understand why you threw the scales! Good luck and never give up
28 Oct
Oh yeah green tea the best helped me out and i would say 1200 to 1500 a day but back when i start to lose wight i eat cabbage diet soup a lot 2 time a day with my dinner and lunch are as a snack. 3 to 5 glass of green tea the rest of the day water but i did eat bad for one day i lost doing that 80 lbs now i just do one bad meal. I hope that helps.
Image_thumb
64 Posts
Oct 27, 2014 6:02pm
via Android

First off all don't quit... you can do this...!!!  Are you doing more target routines like ones specifically for abs or arms?  I would suggest doing girl body hiit your routines to kick start your metabolism. 

27 Oct
I'm trying to stay positive and keep it up, but it's hard! I think I struggle the most with diet and making the right choices. I have been doing more targeted work outs. Is it better to just do a full body routine?
27 Oct
I like most off what Raja Saud abd more he's telling you to do cardio. I should say for you right now cardio is great but don't forget your weight training since building muscle burns fat. Be careful with the green tree - everything in moderation.
27 Oct
Follow some people you like too... it's motivation and great so you don't feel alone... your not...!!!
27 Oct
I agree! I think I need to do a little of everything! More variation and definitely even better eating. I need to try and eat small meals through out the day so I don't always feel so hungry
27 Oct
My name's raja Abdullah though and yeah I've been using green tea as a sports drink.. I usually consume about a litter of it, I didn't say anything I haven't tried..
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Oct 27, 2014 6:11pm
via Android

You might be miscalculating the calories you're actually burning, try a low carb diet but do carb cycling with a high carb day every once in a while, don't fear the healthy fats from peanut butter almonds nuts egg yolks omega 3s and olive they are important for weight loss. Try doing your Cardio in the morning on an empty stomach and a 20 min hiit session later in the day. Drink loads of iced green tea with a pinch of salt and 1tsb honey(pure) as a sports drink 1tsb per litre though. . The scale can be misleading as you might actually be loosing fat but gaining muscle, muscle weighs more. Use the scale only once a month concentrate more on your body fat percentage. Hope this helps

27 Oct
Thank you so much! I'll try all of these things!
27 Oct
Best of luck :) what are your goals? How much of a calorie deficit are you on?
27 Oct
My goal is to lose 20-25 lbs. I am 152 lbs and I would be like 125-130 lbs. I have been trying to limit myself to 1380 calories a day. Weekends are bad for me between bad eating and social drinking
27 Oct
Drink a good amount of water everyday which will help you feel fuller hence eat less easily and plan a cheet food for the weekend pre hand so you can manage the calorie overdose of the weekend on the rest of the days limit them to the ones you really crave and eat good amounts of protein and slowly digesting carbs from sweet potatoes or oatmeal they will last longer and you wouldn't crave more food hopefully add 2 to 3 servings of salads in your day get creative take them with a 1tsb of olive oil and best of...
27 Oct
Carb cycling is pretty important in my opinion or your body metabolism really slows down and your body might even go into shock or stuff so do your own research there
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Oct 27, 2014 10:13pm
via iOS
Funny thing..... I was 210lbs 2 years ago with 28% bodyfat... 2 years later and I'm 210lbs with 12-15% bodyfat.. Which one do you think I'm happier with?!?!? **** the scales, how you look and feel is a thousand times more important. Muscle weighs more than fat. : )
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Oct 27, 2014 10:15pm
via iOS
Oh!! And I forgot to mention... I used to feel the same way about the scales.. So I threw them out and started taking a weekly progress photo.. I soon forgot about my weight! Don't give up
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Oct 27, 2014 10:49pm
via Android

I am not a professional or anything but as far as I can gather this is exactly what is supposed to happen!

Working out after being sedentary for long will trigger changes like blood volume/weight increase,  muscles/fat ratio redistribution and disturbance in water retention .... among others. All those can temporarily increase weight for a while.

So in short,  forget the scale and keep going ;)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51