Tips for quitting smoking..

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Oct 28, 2014 4:11am
via Android

Does anybody have tips for quitting smoking besides mental power?

28 Oct
I've never smoked but my friend's switched to a ecig and gradually lowered the nicotine level. When they got to 0 mg of nicotine they were able to quit.
28 Oct
I know it might sound dumb but I just dont trust ecigs because 10 to 20 years down the road I dont want them to be like well yea those were more dangerous than cigarettes
28 Oct
Acupuncture is awsome! Try it! =)
Oct 28, 2014 4:23am
via Android

Yes I would like to quit as well any tips would be awesome

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 28, 2014 5:02am
via Android

Herbal shisha?

28 Oct
28 Oct
I am in the middle of quitting right now cold turkey... It helps if you try and eliminate triggers.. If someone around you lights up let them know you gotta step away for a bit... If someone smokes on TV change the channel.. Drinking water was a tip on here that served me well as well as a constant reminder of how your doing... Lastly it never helps to do the after this ciggarrette I'm quitting if your not ready to throw out a brand new pack then u might want to mentally prepare yourself a support group works great...
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Oct 28, 2014 9:09am
via Android

Quit gradually.. I quit about 3 months ago now but I still get around to getting a puff or two every once in a week because my friends are arseholes well I came down to half a pack in 3 days then I was smoking just 2 cigarettes for a whole week or so then when the pack finished it was easy to quit, but I didn't ever force myself never to smoke because I know that's a battle I'd always loose  as I am always around smokers my father for one, so what I did was I'd light up whenever I'd really crave it and halfway down the cigarette I would think that this is not what I was looking for and slowly the taste will start getting funnier and you'll start hating the bad breath the one you don't even notice right now.. hope this helps

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 28, 2014 3:15pm
via iOS
U can replace it with something else like when u crave a smoke take gum instead . Or wear a rubber band and just pull it so u can feel the hit and not take . I highly recommend the gum one though it is basically a replacement instead of a smoke . It worked for my boyfriend . So I guess it can work for u 
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Oct 28, 2014 3:45pm
via Android

Yea I have quit before for a year then ill go out with my buddies to a bar or something and by the end of the night ill be back to smoking so I cut out drinking and I have cut down smoking alot to about a quater of a pack per day but im trying to find a way to break habit smoking like waking up and smoking and driving smoking ect...

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Oct 28, 2014 3:46pm
via Android

Where can you get acupuncture done at?

28 Oct
Hello Brandon. I quit smoking 1 month ago and I think I am the weakest person in this manner. But you see I could leave it after heavy smoking for 5 years. Everything is about you. There's no cure or something like that. if you really want to quit it you can. Otherwise there is no way.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51