Cycling App?

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
385 Posts
Oct 28, 2014 3:45pm
via Android

Im currently using Strava to track rides with GPS but seems limited it doesn't even give you start and stop times..

It seems basic, its also expensive if I was to buy the full version. Anyone know of better apps?

28 Oct
S health?
29 Oct
Since S Health updated it locks up on my phone..didnt know it had map part but it crashed...thanks though :-)
Image_thumb
29 Posts
Oct 28, 2014 5:31pm
via iOS
I have been using Runtastics Road Bike Pro. I've have been very satisfied with it. It gives top speed, average speed, elevation, start/stop times, calories burned and so on.
29 Oct
Thanks Jeff Ive downloaded it and will give it a run on my next ride out.
29 Oct
Sorry Matt. I guess it gives finish time and duration. You have to figure start time yourself.
Image_thumb
107 Posts
Oct 29, 2014 9:01pm
via Android

I use both Map my ride and Endomondo to track my runs and rides I can't trust only 1 trackers and Shealth I can't trust too much either with their 310 mi  speed i ran lol I use all 3 to give myself more accurate each says something a little different both mapmyride endomondo give very detailed reports

1174644_313980068747401_1428979640_n_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 30, 2014 4:33am
via Android

I have Mapmywalk, which I notice can also track distance and total time for road cycling, mountain bikes, and stationary bikes (fixies, it's called on that app).  Not sure if that fits your needs but felt I should put this in.

Image_thumb
29 Posts
Oct 31, 2014 12:15pm
via iOS
How is the runtastiic cycling app working out for you Matt? If you found something even better please let me know.
01 Nov
Will let you know if a few hours going to load up 3 apps and compare them both...been struggling with insomnia all week hard to get going :-\
Image_thumb
385 Posts
Nov 2, 2014 10:12pm
via Android

Well endomondo crashed or closed so cant comment on it... but between Strava and MapMyRide I slightly prefer mapmyride...thou its still not 100% what I want.

Firstly MapMyRide was closer to actual distance of 17.36m which was 17.42m according to bike comp where Strava hit me doing 18miles not sure if it rounded it.

Secondly the prompt are enabled in Strava but its never actually gave me any...MapMyride did and in spilt intervals which I found you can change...so informed me every mile!

I like the segments in strava which are not on mapmyride and it looks nicer...but then im ranked at 50s plus in the local ones to me so useless.

Endomondo,  Runtastic and mytracks are next for testing!

02 Nov
I also as cyclometer on my bike... m gives you more accurate readings for what your looking for i think... the apps work off gps so they are more of a general reading then accurate one
02 Nov
But i find using info from a few apps helpful. SHEALTH is good on their map it shows your speed along the map where as the other just show your route
Image_thumb
48 Posts
May 15, 2015 9:31pm
via Android

I have used a few diffetent Apps. I always use my Garmin watch. I have checked it to my truck. About as acurate you are gonna get.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51