Losing focus.....

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
73 Posts
Oct 29, 2014 11:16pm
via Android

So just need a kick up the backside i think. Joined the gym 5 weeks ago after i quit smoking. Still enjoying working out, its just im so worried keep thinking im doing everything wrong. Im eating well, hitting gym 3 times per week plus doing few lil bits at home. Just feel like im not seeing/feeling much progress. Yeah ive lost a bit of weight, but trying to gain in order to build muscle. But the scales aint moving and i dont want to disappear. Also in the gym i sometimes dont feel like im getting stronger, as in lifting heavier weights. Really dont want to lose faith! Tips/advice please??

29 Oct
Oh just to add....im always doubting im not doing an excercise properly. i.e. squats. My knees ache a lil and dont think my forms right although i try and try to fix it. Just makes me think who am i kidding thinking i can get fit and have a nice toned body. Like get real! Cant even do a basic move!!! ;(
29 Oct
Don't give up its a slow but steady process. Time will pass no matter what. Better to work out and feel good.. I do a lot of researching if I'm not sure on proper forms or techniques. I Google everything am not sure of. I also use a personal trainer for that very reason. Maybe finding a friend in the gym to go with to make use each others techniques are correct..... Good luck with your fitness endeavors :-)
29 Oct
Yeah speak to loads of people in the gym. Always asking advice etc. Always researching (bit obsessed i think) cant afford a PT, although agreed that would be good. Maybe just having a but of a down time atm. Invested a lot into my new healthier life now and wouldn't want to go back to old habits. Thanks.
Image_thumb
1 Post
Oct 30, 2014 12:56am
via iOS
You just need to wait a little longer and you'll start gaining muscle weight. I just started on this app, but have been working out for some time. You gotta lose some to gain some
Image_thumb
327 Posts
Oct 30, 2014 1:20am
via Android

Focus on feeling healthy,your doing great,try a new option other than gym,say roller skating,yoga,or water sport,

30 Oct
I did go skating with my kids the other day and trying to incoporate more activities like bike riding into my everyday routine.
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Oct 30, 2014 2:12am
via Android

You can gain nice toned extra muscle by drinking protien shakes weekly!

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 30, 2014 2:51am
via Android

Dont give up keep pushing it takes longer to gain it then to lose it. Drink lots of water reduce carbs, mainly a clean healthy eating lots of water a cheat day cause even the of best bodies allow themselves a treat also remembering its not easily but the people we see with rocking hot bodies keep pushing. Sure some have help but what I've noticed plenty of people are trying to  just to get to a physic alone and plenty of folks are keeping them alone. Mind over matter you are creating a masterpiece and that my love takes time

Image_thumb
158 Posts
Oct 30, 2014 8:58am
via Android

Just keep going! You can do it!

Image_thumb
73 Posts
Oct 30, 2014 9:54am
via Android

Thank you. I know i should engage more in just knowing im keeping fit and healthy its just nice to have a physical to remind you. I drink protein shakes and all the rights foods. I'll keep pushing. So glad i have this app as a lot of people around me do not excercise and dont really get goals/diet/discipline etc. Thank u everyone xxx

Icon_missing_thumb
83 Posts
Oct 30, 2014 1:07pm
via Android

My only suggestions is write down what the weight you are doing on each exercise. The next week go up 2.5lb on each side. It's not a very large increase but it's and increase. You will notice after a month that you have increased your weight on that exercise 20lbs. This has helped me with bench press and over head press. Keep up the good work. If you need anything don't be afraid to send me a message.

30 Oct
Good idea Jason. May start doing that as atm im just doing the weight that i feel comfortable with, although ive noticed im better now then when i started. Thanks i will
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Oct 30, 2014 2:31pm
via Android

This is so common with people building muscle to be worried about. No matter who you are building muscle mass or weight is hard. Muscle weight is hard to obtain and takes a while. Low fat low sugar low cholesterol, that kind of stuff. I stick to a high protein starch and vegetable diet as much as possible. Of course I have snacks and what not and fruits, but this seems to work for me. High protein as in as high in protein as I can get that day in grams. Staying properly hydrated too. This is a timely process and a lot of work. Lifting weights. High clean food intake is absolute best.

30 Oct
Im deffo, deffo getting enough protein. Most of what i eat contains a lot as in meats, low fat greek yoghurt, almonds etc. Loads of water & fruit and veg. But yes it seems a slooooow process. Sometimes i think should i just eat what i want and then just deal with the fat but that would be going backwards i suppose. Seems like losing weight is sooo much easier then gaining. Thanks.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51