Better body by christmas

36 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
327 Posts
Nov 4, 2014 11:04pm
via Android

Ok Ive been on here a while and some good positive stuff about.Ok this is my very last go at getting a fit group together,to give support,help with fitness and a good kick up the ass,time to get real and quit the muffin top,get off the sofa and plan you in a healthier future,whos with me????come on lazy!!

06 Nov
I just started on this app today but I'm definitely in! I've been recovering from a knee and ankle injury and I desperately want to get back in shape.
09 Nov
10409528_10101999580528588_5941509988747852661_n_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 5, 2014 7:31am
via Android

Carole: My name is Sammie. I'm in with you as a motivation group member. I just started using skimble the other day. I need all the motivation I can get. I have never really been motivated about working out. I finally hit rock bottom about a month ago when I faced the scale and I saw I was almost 300 pounds. Carole, even if our motivation group is you and me that's better than nothing. Do you have a goal in mind for how many pounds you want to lose before Christmas?

623532_1409732238_2132353372_n_thumb
1 Post
Nov 5, 2014 7:50am
via iOS
I'm in!
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Nov 5, 2014 8:04am
via Android

I'm in at least 3 times a week if not more :) I would like to lose 15lbs by Christmas but I am aiming for 20!

Image_thumb
1 Post
Nov 5, 2014 9:01am
via Android

Hey Carole its my first time using this app and posting a reply I'm  only 17 about to be 18 and before I graduated from high school I worked out every other day now that school is over I I'm not doing anything I can see that I'm becoming a little chubby I would love to be in this group to help each other out.

Nov 5, 2014 9:12am
via Android

I am in....

Nov 5, 2014 9:13am
via Android

I am sarat from India... I am 22, I weigh 200 pounds... Can I be a member of your group?

Image_thumb
327 Posts
Nov 5, 2014 9:21am
via Android

Yes of course welcome x

Nov 5, 2014 9:23am
via Android

I have a small doubt if u don't mind..... I don't have a gym membership, is it possible to achieve weight loss goals and build muscle using body weight exercises????

Image_thumb
327 Posts
Nov 5, 2014 9:25am
via Android

Yes yes it is possible to get just as fit without using gym,I did a bootcamp so I built muscle

Nov 5, 2014 9:28am
via Android

Am sorry for asking so many questions..I don't have any clue about all these workouts...though am learning.... If you can tell me some exercises, I will be grateful.... If I am.bugging you, pls it's fine if you don't reply... No issues at all :)

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Nov 5, 2014 2:09pm
via Android

I'm in too! Very new to exersice. Used to do yoga but nothing like the stuff on here. I've gone pro now and have done a couple of programmes. I've deffo noticed a difference in my posture and core strength and have a tighter bum but I still have all the belly fat :( I'm sure there's a six pack behind there though haha. I want to do more cardio and eat less. Boy do I love food though.
How we doing this then?

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Nov 5, 2014 2:21pm
via Android

Hi ya I'm quite new to the app too and exersice full stop. On the workout section go to the filter pull down tab and you can select what body part you want to target for how lond and at what intensity. For cardio I scroll through to find those titled as such because nothing normally comes up in the searches I do.... or I recommend going pro so u can do tailored workouts. God it sounds like I work for them haha

Image_thumb
327 Posts
Nov 5, 2014 6:37pm
via Android

A big welcome to all who have joined this group,Im Carole,Ive done a bootcamp,trained in karate,and studied emotional and stress disorders related to eating.

Image_thumb
327 Posts
Nov 5, 2014 6:51pm
via Android

As bootcamp was a great thing for me I like to carry it on here,Right the thing is to get real with ourselfs and have a good look in the mirror and what we want to achieve,this is not about diets or how slim u get its about building a strong healthy body,hopefully looking good at christmas time.Exercise in the morning is good,running or fast walking,drinking water is a must,and eating healthy 5 times a day,three meals ,two snacks,building more protien into meals.any exercise you find fun have a go at,swimming,running,skating,dancing,zumba,yoga,whatever suits you,three times a week for an hour,or half hour each day.a cheat day is fine,like i said focus on eating healthy 80% of time,but odd treats are fine.I want to hear from u every week how you are getting on,good or bad,take a pic to show how ur journey is going,any questions i will try to answer,Im not sure how u pm here as im v new?lets keep it mivibg along support each other,I will put up two big posts a week to give ideas.this is your body,your life,with support and new ideas we can get where we want,food ideas,exercise,or any positive posts pls send here,on my posts follow and look for the better body by christmas,best of luck xx will try to answer questions,theres alot of good exercises here,but if you are new start off slow x

06 Nov
I don't know if this posted or not. I tried to post from my computer and then I went on with my phone and didn't see it. so I want to post again but I apologize if this now comes up twice. I worked out today for 15 min with my 3 year old. I did 50 punches 20 calf raises 25 knees to elbows 20 pulse ups 50 chest and back openers 10 beginner push ups and 20 scissors kick. Is there a way I can customize my workouts on skimble so what I just listed off counts toward...
19 Nov
Yes, you can create new and personal workouts for yourself and others can then use them as well. Go to the workout tab and scroll toward the right and you will see a tab labeled created. There should be a plus sign I think in the upper right corner. Click on it and just follow the prompts on the screen.
10409528_10101999580528588_5941509988747852661_n_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 6, 2014 6:57pm

I actually worked out today! I didn't work out for very long or very hard, but I did and that's what counts. I also got my 3 year old daughter excited to work out with me. I did the following during my 15 minute workout...

1. 50 punches

2. 25 calf raises

3. 25 knees to elbows

4. 20 pulse ups (reverse crunches)

5. 50 Chest and back opener

6. 10 pushups (beginner pushups)

7. 20 Scissors kick

I'm super proud of myself. Now my daughter and I are going to play wii sports. :)

Image_thumb
327 Posts
Nov 6, 2014 8:32pm
via Android

Brilliant Sammie x

Image_thumb
327 Posts
Nov 6, 2014 8:35pm
via Android

Go easy Arielle,only do what you feel you can,your body needs to recover x

07 Nov
Go on girls e can do it. ( and guys if any present!) I've bit been losing much weight so far just building muscle so I'm upping my game a bit from here on in. New pro programme started yesterday day off today then back on it tomorrow. Booooom! ☆☆☆
Image_thumb
327 Posts
Nov 6, 2014 11:59pm
via Android

Im not sure how skimble works but I know u did it cuz u posted here,well done Sammie x

Image_thumb
327 Posts
Nov 7, 2014 12:02am
via Android

Well the weathers pritty crappy here in Dorset,since I started this Ive been keeping off the junk food mostly,going for little runs and keeping myself busy,i did hurt my back so Im bit weary or some exercises here,well its nearly bonfire night here,I wish u all a lovely weekend,pls post your week,ups and downs,and keep healthy!!

07 Nov
Started today off well with my programme workout followed by an extra 17 min abs workout. Feeling positive! ☆ good luck girls ☆
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Nov 7, 2014 9:58pm
via Android

I'm in

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Nov 8, 2014 3:59am
via Android

Im very new but get some good result still lost on it. Bc try to go to gym at 6 to 7 times a week. Last week I started. I would go for.30 mins but this week increase to.at least an 1hr.

Image_thumb
327 Posts
Nov 8, 2014 7:34am
via Android

Hi Anitra,Well you sound v focused which is a great thing,do you eat v healthy also,I do try too .

09 Nov
Im been eating mostly fruits and veggies and grilled chicken and sometimes.yogurt...and some times grilled salmons and egg whites and oatmeal for breakfast
Image_thumb
327 Posts
Nov 8, 2014 7:37am
via Android

Hello guys,Was hoping to hear more from you and how ur week has gone,are u all nibbling on chocs or hitting the gym??well ive been a bit unwell past few weeks but still tried little jogs and not eating too badly,fireworks tonight,so lots of jymping around with friends to keep warm,ok love to hear from u x

Image_thumb
327 Posts
Nov 8, 2014 11:37pm
via Android

Wheres Sammie???

15 Nov
sammie is here. been a stressful week like to the point where thinking about how to handle everything that's going on is making me sick. I decided to check in on the group since I haven't received any notifications lately. glad to see all is well and here's to a relaxing family filled weekend and trying to manage everything from here on out a bit better.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51