Im in serious need of serious fitness guidance.

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 7, 2014 5:02pm
via Android

Hey guys....im 23, 215 lbs, and 6ft. Im in the army so we workout regularly but I never really get anything out of it. I lift weights all the time but barely do cardio and my nutrition sucks. My ultimate goal is to tone up, be a great runner again, but maintain my mass. Any suggestions?

08 Nov
Easy. Get your nutrition straight and you might get what you want.
Image_thumb
49 Posts
Nov 7, 2014 5:46pm
via iOS
I'm a runner, and I'd highly recommend it for getting lean. My boyfriend and brother are marines and my dad was a soldier, so I know what you mean about eating unhealthy.. It seems to be a common military problem lol. Try cutting out little things from your diet at time... Start with only drinking water, and then move on to skipping out on fast food. After a while, you should naturally start reaching for healthy fruits and vegetables instead of craving a cheeseburger. Best of luck, and thank you for serving! :)
Image_thumb
50 Posts
Nov 7, 2014 5:53pm
via Android

That's interesting if your 215 and you want keep your mass and be tone up. The one way you could do that is change your bad nutrition. So you could lower your body fat when that happen you want to build peak mass muscle since you want to remain your mass. So at 215 pound you should lift heavier weights man. Like your max at bench press should be at least 450 and squat max at least 650 pound and deadlift max at least 670 get stronger build muscles with protein gain more muscle so u can lower body fat and remain your mass with muscle hope that help.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 7, 2014 6:03pm
via Android

How did you become a great runner? Like what did you change to achieve that?

07 Nov
I don't know if I'd call myself a "great" runner.. But I do run :) I started off by jogging one mile every day for two weeks. After that, I ran 2 miles for a few days, then 2 1/2, and then 3 miles for another two weeks. I came up with this program by myself, and for myself. It might not be the best for you. Try experimenting! Do you have access to a treadmill? If so, I'd highly recommend walking on a high incline for about an hour to build endurance. It also really helps tone up your...
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 7, 2014 6:16pm
via Android

Great advice. I used to be a great runner when I got out basic training. 6-7 miles everytime I ran. But I was always 40lbs lighter. I really dont want to go back to being that small. I looked sick lol. But im going to try what you said

07 Nov
Awesome, I hope you reach your goals! Go for a test run, and see how far/fast you can go comfortably. Then build from there.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51