How to quit smoking?

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
30 Posts
Nov 8, 2014 8:57pm
via Android

Any advice?

09 Nov
Hi there! Today I am 6 days smoke free! I'd been planning on quitting for a few months and decided on my quit date. I thought about all the reasons I wanted to quit. Ie. More money, breathe better, live longer for my kids, not stink of cigarettes and have stains on my fingers etc. I also downloaded an app "smoke free beta" that tells you all sorts of interesting changes that are happening to your body as a result of you quitting smoking. It also logs in how many hours you have quit for, I really like that it...
09 Nov
Mozes i na nasem jeziku :)
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Nov 8, 2014 9:50pm
via Android

Nicotine patches really does work!

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Nov 8, 2014 11:00pm
via Android

Run a lot...you'll hate smoking

09 Nov
Now it is very cold outside for running :(
Image_thumb
1 Post
Nov 8, 2014 11:17pm
via iOS
Hi!

I quit the cigarettes ten months ago and I haven't smoked or used any nicotine since then. 

I started out by minimising my intake during three weeks to only the necessary cigarettes by logging cravings and smokes on an app. 

During this period I also made one liste with trigger situations and how to resolve them, based on what feeling I might have. I.e ANGRY had the possibility of TAKE A WALK, take a shower, do breathing exercise for ten minutes. SAD had the possibilities take a bath while listening to the radio, ask friends and family for a hug or to be held, eat some chocolate (I gained 12 kg...) or take a walk. 

ANXIETY could result in yoga (I had a special program for my iPhone) , take an extra dose of my psyche mess, do breathing exercise. 

I also had a bottom line of things to attend to every day: eat five smaller meals a day, sleep 8 hours, do yoga every morning and evening, take vitamins especially D, all of the Bs and Omega, and take my psyche meds. 

I had sleeping pills and pills for anxiety in case I needed them. 

All of this I put on giant notes on the kitchen walls along with a chart where I checked each nic free day. 

During the first two weeks I cried a lot, and I had a lot of anxiety with pounding heart and all. I also slept a lot, stayed home from work the first ten days. 

After that it has been really easy, because I know exactly how to handle every situation. I also allowed myself to eat whatever I wanted for the first three months. 

Goog luck to you!
Image_thumb
73 Posts
Nov 8, 2014 11:46pm
via Android

Ive been smokefree for 42 days now. I have quit in the past.
Cold turkey is the best way.
Understand your addiction.
Train your brain to think in a different way.
I joined a smoking forum this helped me loads! Tips and support from people that know exactly what your going through i would recommend nosmokingday.org.uk
Whyquit is an informative website. Educate yourself on what smoking really does to people.
Avoid triggers alcohol, tea, coffee, even hanging around areas (pubs, friends houses) where you'd normally smoke. Anything you have to do to get over the initial cravings and nicodemons that batter you mentally.
It is a very emotional but empowering rollercoaster of a journey, one im sure you will get through if i and many others have.
And remember if at first you dont succeed, pick yourself up and try again. One rule NOPE...Not One Puff Ever!!!
Good luck and pls message me if you need any support. x

Image_thumb
107 Posts
Nov 9, 2014 12:44am
via Android

I recently quit about a month ago.. I started pushing that morning smoke off longer and longer each day... First try to not smoke till after you've gotten ready for work then slowly push it till your first smoke is on your break then increase till lunch. Once you get to lunch you start to realize you can go a day with out one.. Be strong and break free of your chains even if you mess up one day don't give up or be hard on yourself. Just keep trying. Hard part is finding something to replace that hand moment. Gum..A straw perhaps... Anything to distract you...  cravings only last a few minutes. Good luck with your endeavors :)

Image_thumb
38 Posts
Nov 9, 2014 12:53am
via Android

Raw sunflower seeds helped me.

Image_thumb
41 Posts
Nov 9, 2014 1:41am
via Android

Smoking what..? Throw away the lighter... lol

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51