Estimated Calories Burned.

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Nov 10, 2014 2:14pm
via Android

Hey guys, I was just curious, Do any of you know how accurate Skimbles calorie burner is? I would like to know what I burn but I don't want to think I'm burning more then I am. ! :b

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 10, 2014 2:28pm
via Android

Hi Cheyenne, Well it seems to me that Skimble's counter is based on a average calories burned during a certain unit of time (something like 6 seconds) depending on the difficulty of the chosen workout (casual, moderate, intense). What make me think of this is because the calories counter still increments during resting times.

So I guess it's quite inaccurate...

Anyway if someone has the answer I'd be interested too :)

10 Nov
So, What your saying is that more than likely the counter is saying more calories were burned than there actually was? That stinks. Lol. But thank you! (:
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 10, 2014 2:57pm
via Android

I may get it wrong, but I think it all depends on how you do your workouts... you may spend more calories than counted on a casual workout if you give all you have...

So maybe you spent much more than Skimble displayed !

10 Nov
I guess we'll see in timeee. (:
Image_thumb
26 Posts
Nov 10, 2014 3:11pm
via Android

Hi , I use heart rate monitor /calories counter. It is watch and chest strapdue to intensity I burn around 200 calories more than skimble counts as I say it will vary from person to person.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51