Protein

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 10, 2014 10:18pm
via Android

I feel like you do not need to take protein everything that your body needs you can get from food not a scoop

Image_thumb
46 Posts
Nov 10, 2014 10:36pm
via Android

Your absolutely ryt man I don't take no type of supplements, everything I get is from what I eat and that hasn't stopped me from getting results so you really don't need none of that crap.

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Nov 10, 2014 11:37pm
via Android

For people like me who work crazy hours and don't have time for 4 meals a day it comes in handy. But whole foods that provide you with complex carbs and proteins that contain all the eaa's can't replace a scoop.

10 Nov
Yes, exactly! Hooray for easy access to protein
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Nov 10, 2014 11:43pm
via Android

I agree and disagree. The average American diet sucks (I'm just assuming everybody on here is American) and does not include the essential micro and macro nutrients needed to build a healthy body. Nor does the average individual have time to prepare 5 meals a day. That's where protein shakes come in. They are quick and efficient ways to SUPPLEMENT a person's diet, not replace. I take a protein shake every day in between lunch and the time I get off work. Increasing my protein intake has given me better results than changing up my workout routine

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 11, 2014 3:55am
via Android

That's a big problem right there is that everyone is looking for the easy way to get things done instead of taking the time to research and find the best type of food for them or what style of eating fits them.

Image_thumb
37 Posts
Nov 11, 2014 1:39pm
via iOS
If you can afford it then get it from meals naturally however it's incredibly costly to do this hence protien supplements to keep cost down and to 'supplement' not meal replace
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Nov 11, 2014 6:57pm
via Android

I see what you're saying, but I don't think you understand. I'm not talking about replacing a meal with a protein shake. I'm saying adding proper nutrition when making a meal isn't a possibility. Who here can honestly whip up a grilled chicken breast with a side of asparagus at 3pm while at work? I know I can't. I eat properly breakfast, lunch and dinner. However, supplements make it possible to reach that extra 30 grams of protein per day where you normally wouldn't get anything. Yeah, you can eat a handful of nuts or whatever, but in this case, a good protein drink can offer so much more. Bottom line: I eat right when I can, and supplement my diet with supplements

11 Nov
Amen to that

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51