New Gym and No Motivation

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Nov 14, 2014 8:42am
via Android

Hey guys,
So I have gone to gyms for a long time. But for some reason I still feel awkward and out of place. I have tried free weights (along with many other types of equitment) but everytime I pick one up I feel so unsure and awkward. I just started at a new gym and the feeling is amplified. I feel like I can't use anything but the cardio mechines. Any tips?
Also, I would love some tips on how to stay motivated.

Image_thumb
83 Posts
Nov 14, 2014 9:02am
via Android

Hey :) you don't have to feel awkward at all. Nobody will mock you for trying to change your life, and if that happens, well I've got a bad news for their maturity level. Everybody, even the biggest of the hulks has started from being 0 to hero I know how you feel, I felt the same way when I used to go to the gym (2 months, then I met calisthenics and my bedroom became my gym, especially when I bought a kettlebell), now I can do things that some people there, who still strikes poses on the mirror in a boom of vanity, can't. Just focus on your goal, don't mind the others. The Gym is a battlefield, not a tea lunge

14 Nov
Thank you very much for your support. You have a great outlook :-)
1376542_848357808517299_3727715934501285153_n_thumb
22 Posts
Nov 14, 2014 10:21am
via Android

Just like Tony said, everyone started from ground zero. I used to fell that way too, but has you go you should be able to get more confidence. On top of that, try making some partners on the gym to give you the boost in confidence you need and help you on the exercises. And believe in yourself :)

Image_thumb
327 Posts
Nov 14, 2014 11:51am
via Android

Its great you are going to the gym,focus on how you feel in yourself,not how others see youx

14 Nov
Thank you so much

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51