Sleep problems

13 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 14, 2014 10:40pm
via iOS
Hey everyone!
It's been many years now that I am an insomniac. I tried to workout 3x per weeks but I still have sleep issues. Any remedy for me ?
14 Nov
Lower your sugar intake after 20:00 No coffee after 18:00 Try not to workout before bed Turn off every electronic 1 hour before bed Make your room pitch dark Read before bedtime Drink water the whole day Meditate Write every "problem you may have down, so they wont keep you awake by thinking about them " Force yourself to get OUT OF BED early in the morning Hope this was helpful
14 Nov
Thank you so much Johny !! This is so helpful, I am going to take it as a challenge and start everything you said. Hope it's going to work
14 Nov
Haha food luck with... keep me posted
14 Nov
I will for sure! :)
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 14, 2014 10:48pm
via Android

Get some weeddddddd. It will help you outtt

14 Nov
A friend of mine said exactly the same thing. Jeez' that thing is really serious
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 14, 2014 10:51pm
via Android

However, you may gain the weight. Lol:(

14 Nov
Haha. Don't worry, Im working hard to stay fit :)
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Nov 14, 2014 11:52pm
via Android

I've heard that if you smoke weed you lose alot weights. I have some friends who smoke weed once/ twice everyday and they are really skinny.

15 Nov
I heard it too, and that it can help to get sleep. I dont want to get addicted to it though. I am going to try another way.
15 Nov
Smoke weed you get munchies and then you see weight added. Doctors are using it with cancer patients to encourage them to eat more.
16 Nov
Aw, I didn't know about it. I learn something from me, thank you :)
23 Dec
I don't think you'll become addicted. unless you're addicted the happiness it brings you. Or addicted to the feeling of sleeping on a cloud.
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Nov 15, 2014 2:23am
via Android

You could try some natural suppliments like melatonin or 5-htp. Both are produced naturally by your body so they are non-habit forming. I take 5-htp every day and it helps me deal with stress and I sleep like a baby lol.

16 Nov
Where basically can I get them? And do i need a prescription for it, or i Just have to ask for them in place such as CVS?
17 Nov
Try taking melatonin pills,that's what your body produces to go sleep
Image_thumb
385 Posts
Nov 15, 2014 11:59am
via Android

Think why you can't sleep at night... what things are you doin...watching.. fears...what your thinking at night etc

Answer as many questions as you can you will find the answer why your not sleeping...

Deal with it and sleep problems will go naturally.

16 Nov
I Know basically that i got some issues linked to death of a loved one. I do not Know how to grieve with it but im seing a counselor now. I hope it'll help.
16 Nov
Hope you get it sorted..I'm usually around most of the time...an I'm happy to help where I can :-)
16 Nov
Yeah, im going thru it. Thanks for helping me out. Feel free to tell me more if you need me.
Image_thumb
327 Posts
Nov 16, 2014 7:30pm
via Android

Im sorry you are having problems,always good to talk about ur feelings,or help a charity which is close to your heart,you will see how to move forward

16 Nov
You are definitely right Carole! I start volunteering and it was a very great experience. I'm moving on with my life, it's good to get support. Thank you :) !
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Nov 16, 2014 10:25pm
via Android

Awesome suggestions here except weed lol a gruelling leg workout and you'll sleep like a baby :)

16 Nov
Lol at least one who doesn't agree with smoking weed ! :) well I am going to try this workout and see how it helps ;)
16 Nov
Haha yeah.. hope it works :) lemme know how it goes
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 16, 2014 11:25pm
via Android

Are you willing to try over the counter medications?  Something like melatonin or benadryl may be helpful until you see your doctor.

16 Nov
I went to check out online, they have great reviews. I heard that once you start taking sleep aid medication, you become addicted to them. Is it true?
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 16, 2014 11:54pm
via Android

It depends on what you take,  but melatonin occurs naturally in the body. So there is unlikely a chance of addiction. But there could be a myriad of reasons as to why you're not sleeping, I would see a doctor

16 Nov
I understand. I definitely plan to see one in the next few days. Thanks a lot!
Image_thumb
327 Posts
Nov 17, 2014 12:13am
via Android

Weed is not the answer,where it helps some people it.can also mess with your brain big time depending on your personality,best give a miss.St johns wort is good,rescue remedy and also in a cream.If u need a chat here for u x

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Nov 17, 2014 4:44am
via Android

this is a little out there,  but it works for me: go get lavender essential oil and before you go to bed put a dab of it on the bottom of your feet. Also when you go to bed make sure there are no distractions- no pets,  no tv, or bright alarm clock lights.  Get a sleep blind fold if you have to. Also, drinking chamomile tea before bed helps me too.

17 Nov
I heard about the benefits of lavender oil and chamomile tea but I've never tried. Thanks for the support :)
Image_thumb
171 Posts
Nov 17, 2014 8:51am
via Android

Check out the app Twilight (no, it's not related to the books..) It has helped me so much. If you're on your phone before bed the blue light can disturb your sleep a lot and this app helped me so much, I'm shocked :p There are other similar ones for Android also and I'm sure there are some for the iPhone too. Seach for: blue light filter. It's worth a shot

17 Nov
I tried the app "take a break", it's very interesting! You should try this one too. I'm about to download twilight now and see how it goes. Thanks a lot :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51